PIRC September 5 & 6

Discussion in 'General' started by simonburic, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't do the web page. When I did it was more consistent. Our code monkey has a way too high paying gig right now to fix it for us. Hoping for a revamp this off season or I'll be getting full access again and doing it my way because it annoys the hell out of me too. Even more so that I can't access the site from office computer because it's running XP yet I can use the rest of the internet just fine.

I take it personally because this is personal for us. I take you giving me shit for the same things year after year personally when I have the same exact conversation with you over and over again because it comes across as if you think I lied to you every other time I've said the same thing. That's a bit annoying. I am not lying. We are not ignoring viable ideas. We do not ignore any region, any track, and rider (well, sometimes riders but eh, what can ya do). We think about how we do things all the time, this isn't a job we get paid for then clock out. It's one we spend up all night worrying about for a good 25% of our nights. I don't look this ugly just because of genetics.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I wouldn't peg you as a liar. It doesn't hurt to ask more than once because things can change - in any situation - yours, PIRC's, etc. If I asked questions only once at my job and settled for one answer, I likely wouldn't have one.

I'll be at the upcoming PIRC event, on the short course, supporting WERA.

And I'd stick with the genetics reasoning. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same questions, multiple times a year for what, more than a decade now? That's not looking for change, that's just refusing to accept an answer you don't like. Just like in your response to Evelyne you say you totally understand - and then immediately tell her how to do it differently, effectively ignoring her response. I just don't get that type of thinking, to me it comes off as extremely rude even. "Yeah I totally understand your point of view but you're absolutely wrong and my ideas are better".

We truly appreciate the support and hopefully it will help the NC region continue to get back on it's feet which will lead to a lot more freedom on our end to try new things.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yes, I understand the reasoning for not taking on the full course, financially. And yes, I suggested to do it differently. Do not schedule PIRC as a NC only event. It hasn't worked for two years now. It is a NE track, as you said. Four guys sat out of the last round's event when it rained because there were NE guys that just wanted to run PIRC, but not in the rain when there weren't points up for grabs. I'm not trying to be rude. I politely mentioned the same thing to Evelyne at Atlanta - and she agreed. Perhaps I should have indicated that in my earlier post.

5. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Not to get in the middle of two heavyweights, and I don't mean body size, but I was betting when it was talked about as a rumor it was meant to draw more people with the hope of a full course. Now that would have been smart "marketing" I guess that idea didn't come from the top

Shoulda let the rumor fly and see if the grids were close enough to get an idea if it was official if it might work. Double header, combined region, full course. An optimal situation to judge. Although I can't tell if the holiday weekend hurts. You'd still have deniability

Oh yeah. Way to go Simon for starting a shit storm. Doesn't surprise me it was you though :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

How do you try to increase turnout for NE/MA regions? I am not trying to be a smartass, just curious as to ideas you have and what direction splitting the regions up would have.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I guess this is an inopportune time to talk about Wera and NJMP:D

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be at PIRC2 because of the holiday weekend. Blame the wife :D

9. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

slightly off topic, but I haven't been to PIRC in a few years. Is there electricity there now?? thanks Lance

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Yes they have some electrical hookups, maybe ten or so but it seems like they keep spending money so there may be more by now too.

11. j.baxter

j.baxter Active Member

can this just be PIRC roll call?

If so, I'm in!

12. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same answer as always there too.

14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Can we have the AFF pit bike race this year?

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

fixed :up:

:crackup:

Keep the dream alive LOL

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see why not.

17. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

This weekend on the full course there is a waiting list, With 160 riders here. Paddock is packed, next weekend I'm sure it will be empty. Maybe it's time to try some new stuff, if I ran a business that was failing, I sure would be trying everything.

The first pirc round of the year nobody shows up because it's only north central points. Give the riders a reason to show up and they will.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again - a 20k gamble is not something we can afford to try no matter how many people think we should.

What track day is pulling 160 individual riders anyway?

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

N2.

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice. Amazing rider turnout for anywhere.