1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minis at Tally 8/23/15

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by t11ravis, Jul 30, 2015.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

got a gearing recommendation for a stocker?

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

man, i wouldn't even know for a stocker. I've only ever ridden the stock bike at Herrin's place (with stock gearing).

If it helps for a starting point, the gearing at Barber that seemed to run best on the built bike was 16/46.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Thanks, might have to hit you up. Conrad tried to "Broome" Dustin at Barber (his lines are a little, shall we say, creative?), we can go for a repeat. :D

You can see him pushing Dustin wide in the shot below, Lee got the entire series.

http://www.activeshooterphotography.com/p446347923/h4dd6f9d5#h4dd6f9d5

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know it's minis but I do need you to work with him on his lines. :eek:

5. james walker

oh, i saw that whole series already. that's what happens when Grom guys chase an XR around a track. children become endangered. :D

seriously, hit me up about the XR if you need it. :)

6. james walker

three bikes went by him pretty quickly in that one turn. I won't name names, but I've seen grown ass men get more spooked than Conrad did. :crackup:

7. james walker

he might've also been impressed (and lost focus for a second) that a dirt bike, not that much different than the one he was on, was showin' the way around the track to a couple of Groms for a good part of the race. :D

is that enough yet? 'we tired of the smack talk? :crackup:

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

so...you're saying 15/50 isn't gonna cut it.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh Conrad was fine on holding his line, no issues there at all. Just the creative lines part makes him not as consistent as he could be, something easily handled with a little instruction. Not a big deal at all.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

We are, no joke.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured as much, really wasn't worried. Just never saw you after I was watching him last time (wow, can't even remember where) so while I was thinking about it I figured I'd say something.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

15/50 doesn't even cut it at cmp on the kart track. Id go at least a 47 rear.

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Thanks for reminding me to order some new gearing. :)

14. james walker

any time, Sally.

i'd go, like, 5 teeth up and 7 or so down, you decide which way to go on which sprockets. it's all good. :D

15. james walker

Hey Travis, good meeting you this weekend. How'd your gearing work for you on the stock bike?

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You too man, I'm impressed with that machine of yours!

Went with 15/48 and did OK. got it down to a 30.9 on Sunday. Not sure I can go any taller with that motor...