1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Unless the local sports team wins a championship. Then we party most exuberantly! :up:

2. :crackup: Good one!

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Or loses.

And the surfer riots. :D

4. Yep, that's just "good hard partying" when the whites do it.:D

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Does that kind of car move sideways?? Cop was standing at the door..not in front or behind it..run over requires one or the other..or the cop to put himself in a bad position where the wheels can make impact..

I have never understood the rational of a cop to try and reach inside a car and take the keys/shut off the vehicle...it never ends well...ever.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. A school cop out rolling around pulling people over for license plates violations? No wonder kids get mugged on campus all the time.

They released the details of his most recent evaluation and while he was lacking most areas they said he spent way too much time on traffic stops. Seems he had a bit of lil man syndrome or something.

8. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Just speculating what Napoleon might have been thinking, didn't say he was any where close to being right about it or had a clue what the eff he was doing.

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I dunno about that...... he was very friendly/polite in his demeanor/speech.....very chill.
    Little man syndrome usually means aggressiveness/combativeness.....bully behavior. I saw none of that w/ him.

Perhaps he is/was bored on campus, and traffic stops give him a chance to talk/interact w/ people. If I was a cop, I would like talking w/ people, especially if I was bored.

I am kinda shocked on the gunshot, cause he did seem very nice the whole time.....seemed like a nice guy.

I suspect, he just plain panic'd & f'd up....I doubt he would have done it if he had a minute to think about it.
    Sucks all the way around.....seemed like a nice cop :(

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It didn't seem intentional as much as just a major mistake - for which he is absolutely at fault. There was no need for his gun to even be pulled at that point.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid:In my experience, guys with little man syndrome get aggressive right off the bat.

This looks more like Paul Blart syndrome, mall cop wanting to feel like a "real" cop. :D

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

This is very common. There was a joint jurisdiction agreement in place from what I heard that would allow a campus cop to patrol the local vicinity.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got 4 colleges within 25 miles of me. The joke around here has always been the campus cops were the guys that couldn't get hired by the troopers or the sheriff.

14. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

This is true. The UC cops can routinely be found patrolling the surrounding areas.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

This is such a fucked up deal. Where is a law officer to turn. In this case, he was in fact, doing his job when he stopped the car for a missing front license plate. That is the law and he was doing his job in trying to enforce it. During the stop he found that the driver could not produce a driver's license. Another infraction of the law. Then, when the officer attempted to open the driver's door to get the driver out, the driver attempted to hold the door closed. Another infraction.

Then, as the driver attempted to drive away, the young, dumbass officer shoots the guy. Another fucked up action. Then the young dumbass officer lies about being "afraid of being dragged." Another fuck up. Where does this fiasco end? With the DA of the area throwing, no, stuffing the cop under the bus. He's going to charge the young dumbass cop with murder, kidnapping, unlawful use of a pocket knife, walking funny, and being a dumbass young cop.

What is really fun about this whole deal is watching the media go ape shit over the story and get their nuts off repeatedly telling it every 12 minutes.

Yeah, I'm pissed about the whole damn thing.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, we save our insanity for really important things. :)

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that being an officer, even for a University, he was still a legally commissioned police officer and a member of the court. I guess he felt it his duty to call into question someone that was breaking the law. In this case being young and dumb counted against him.

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I live near Cincinnati and this is obviously a big deal. The Prosecutors press conference was quite frankly disgusting but not a surprise. Joe Deters is grandstanding scumbag of the first order and it looks like he is going for his 15minutes and then some. Listening to his fanciful description of events you get the impression that the officer was out Ni@@er huntin....

The video is disturbing and it is hard to say whet really went down. You can't see much when it all goes to shit but just before you can see the driver start his car. You can hear the officer say Stop at least twice before he shoots and falls. The next thing you see clearly is the car (crashed) a block away. It was all over in a matter of seconds.

I have no idea how he managed to fire so quickly as you can clearly see both of his hands just before things went south.

I would really like to see the other officers footage and if available the dash cam footage to get a better idea of how everything went so terribly wrong. I lived in Cincinnati in 2001 during the riots and the Police (including small units like the campus cops) have really cleaned up their acts.

Damn shame all around and I have to wonder how many LEO's are checking on early retirement. Mall cops get more respect these days and have a pretty cushy gig. My best Friend retired from P&P with reduced benefits and now happily works as a night guard at the IRS complex.

19. No one threw him under the bus Orvis. He just murdered a man in broad daylight.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Unless I misunderstood what I read, other officers also lied about the shooter being dragged. That is a matter of some concern. Without video evidence, those officers would likely have been complicit in covering up a murder. As always, we are discussing hearsay at this point, but the prosecutor is apparently convinced a crime took place.