1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden finally open to racing WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 20, 2015.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I have no idea what Yamaha did or did not know.....

I should have been more specific with my wording

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She took something she saw and made up an incorrect story to go with it. No clue why but she didn't know what was going on at all.

That's not Ben quitting, that's Ben telling the world publicly he and Yamaha split. Not quite the same thing.

3. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

No, they're not stupid, but they're human, and they're susceptible to the same logical fallacies as anyone.

Americans on the world stage is a small sample size, and the variables affecting the rider's actual performance are immeasurable, but you can't expect a race team owner/manager to not look at that data point. Hopefully they don't write off the whole country, but it surely doesn't help.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Joe Roberts will be the "next Spies", just you all watch:up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the ones I've talked to haven't written off the entire country based on one rider ever.

I never said they shouldn't look at that data, of course they do.

They're human but the successful ones are far from being as stupid as people seem to assume they are.

6. caferace

caferace No.

While ya'll are going in circles, I'm going to chat with Jonathan Rea tonight, and Tom Sykes in the morning.

Any questions?

-jim

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't want to curse the kid but JB Beach is another one to watch.

There are at least half a dozen that with a little work and a lot of luck could break on to the world stage and run well. Shoot, Bonsey could still do well with some cash and support.

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Yes, how do they feel about each other in the same team

Also, I'd be interested in knowing what Rea thinks about the Honda vs Kawi

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

This^^ and also since the title is just about wrapped up, and he is in the Factory Green garage, what are his thoughts on what it would take for him to leave one of the best packages in WSBK and move to GP.

10. caferace

caferace No.

Both already jotted down. Thanks!

-jim

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You could ask Sykes what was the biggest factor that allowed him to finish races after a strong first half and win the championship after a couple of years of fading back regularly.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You just did......you spelled his name wrong :(

13. caferace

caferace No.

I've kinda got that under a tire management question, but will work more in. :up:

-jim

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

for Sykes: Does he think he could have fought with Rea early this season had the rules stayed the same?

for Rea: Any regrets for not leaving Ten Kate / Honda sooner?

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

For both: Are they aware of any young American riders who have impressed them personally and might have a good shot at the world level? With blank stares perhaps mention PJ and Cam

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ask Sykes whether he thinks Rea has a tiny pee pee.

17. caferace

caferace No.

In already.

Will do.

No. :crackup:

-jim

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Rea is usually so far out ahead that everything about him looks tiny from Sykes' perspective.

19. ped

ped Banned

If half the field goes to a different class it doesn't make the mid-pack rider great because he's winning races suddenly.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This.. I'd like to hear their perspective on them and also the Lowes' boys.

I thought that due to the way the Kawi put down the power more than a management thing. I thought they sorted the electronics to stop killing tire.