1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brady's suspension upheld

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jul 28, 2015.

1. He was using an email account that was not the official team one :moon:

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I don't know. The only way to overturn it at this point is in a court. If they go to court, a lot of questions Brady and the Patriots didn't want or have to answer will be back on the table. Tough to decline answering questions in a deposition or on the stand.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He is taking to federal court.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cheeezzus.....another thread of whining. :Poke:

5. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Would you give your boss your private cell phone so he could go through all your texts, pics, and everything else? I'd tell him to fuck off. "Yes, I have my cell. It's right here in my pocket. No, you can't have it. Fuck you for even asking."

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Would you destroy it before you meet with the investigator?

7. Yep. They had by far the most snaps per fumble in the NFL, and their dominance of that statistical category started at the same time that the teams became responsible for their own offensive footballs.

8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I might. It's my phone. I can do whatever I want with it.

Look, I know a lot of you guys think the NFL is a cross between an religion and a government entity. It's not. Its a game.

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Won't going to federal court take longer than simply serving the suspension? Sure, if it gets overturned he may get some money back, but if it doesn't, how is he not screwing himself even worse? Either way he will have to pay his lawyer.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Apparently the term "destroying his phone" isn't accurate, according to Brady.

His full rebuttal on the situation is on FB for anyone interested.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Which just happens to be the rule Brady and Beli-cheat fought to have changed.

12. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

So they're better at prepping footballs? Or we've seen him bench star players for fumbles. Lots of things to contribute that aren't illegal. And to compare it to cheating in bike racing, this is like a minimum weight. Except the rule doesn't state whether it's dry or wet.

And I'm not a pats fan either. Not even close. But bad procedures like this annoy me. It's not cheating. It's guys who didn't pay attention in science or statistics class. Maybe take a quick look at a good data practices training before basing a high profile suspension on it.

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

He's 39. Tie it up in court then retire.

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Isn't not turning over your cell phone the same thing as a baseball player not turning over medical records showing he was on the juice?

I mean hey, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying right?

Maybe I've watched too much TV, but if the NFLPA/Brady/Patriots sue the NFL, couldn't the NFL subpoena the cell phone records showing text messages?

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why does Rodgers over-inflate them?? Personal preference.

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not at all. Brady went under oath for his appeal, meaning if he lied, they could go after him for perjury. The more I see coming out, the more I'm convinced the NFL loses ... And badly.

17. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I think of George Brett and pine tar when I see this story.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gets a stay while the case works its way through, thus, he can play until the court case is resolved.

19. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

20. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

anyone else find it odd the 4 game suspension will see Brady coming back against the Colts on Monday night football?