1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden finally open to racing WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know, Rea is pretty much a machine this year.

2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I agree but the only slight advantage I'd give to Rea right now is that he's been to more of the tracks since some are tracks that MotoGP doesn't run.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I just want to see Hayden on a machine that gives him a fighting chance to run up front. Don't care about the series necessarily, but the guy deserves to be in a position where talent is the limiting factor.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Why is it that every racer who's last name begins with H causes so much animosity here?

BAN THE H's!

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Moaner starts with an M.

6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

He is without a doubt the best rider in the field this year and there are several riders that are VERY VERY good (Sykes and Davies being two of them on decent machinery).

Its not Rea's outright blinding speed (although he does show that at times), its his ability to always be at the front fighting for podiums and wins and avoid making huge mistakes that would/has make him difficult for any rider to just dominate.

Do I think Hayden could win the title against the current WSBK paddock - yes. Does any rider just come in a make everyone else look completely stupid? Maybe one the "aliens" but short of that, most of the mid pack GP riders would have to work to close out against championship leaders.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? Ben rode for factory Yamaha, Scott for factory Kawasaki....

Are you just really young or crap at trolling?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A factory team tho - then you put him and House together with the ability to change things and you get a championship even with the issues that year. Go from there to no changes allowed the engineers know all GP and not so much :D

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I think he was talking about prior international racing experience...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, he pretty much admitted trolling later :D

Both were older when they went too which helped on the international travel side of things. The learning tracks I don't think was an issue for Josh but learning the bike and tires and the whole thing was.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup. As I recall House brought some people with him too. The bike was still pretty far off the competition.
    Ben's gp career was yet again an anomaly. I don't recall ever seeing anyone's GP bike fall apart mid race. It was cursed. That as well as "be 100% or don't show up" as Yamaha said to Ben. I will probably hate Yamaha forever.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

His Tech3 yamaha gp bike held together and he did pretty well on it. The factory bike, well, maybe they needed to bring in a witch doctor, a priest and half a dozen rabbis to fix that thing.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He had one good year on the factory bike.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit, I forgot it was 3 years with Yamaha in motogp. He needed the witch doctor, the priest and the rabbis in 2012.

2010 with Tech3 - 2 podiums.
    2011 with the factory team - 1 win 1 2nd and two thirds.
    2012 with the factory bike and disaster.
    Right (I'm going from memory here)?

2013 is when his arms fell off.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

He would have had two wins if he didn't blow the last corner at Valencia and let Stoner by. That one hurt.

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

And if your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle.

17. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Heard House tell tell the story about Monza in 2009 when Spies ran out of petro on the last part of the last lap in race #1. A couple of the Yamaha Italia guys got the bright idea to top off the tank in the garage before the race. It was a pretty warm day and when they opened it fuel spewed out all over them and the bike before House realized what they were doing. They put more gas in but couldn't get as much in as before the top off incident and thus ran out (as he figured they would) just shy of victory. Sounded like he would have killed them both that day if not for being on their native soil at the time...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's pretty good; did you come up with it yourself?

My point was that in 2010 Ben was showing great promise, to the tune that if you look back on these very pages he was being considered for alien status. That last race was amazingly close (to a point of being considered a blown win). Then, of course, it all started to unravel in 2011.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I've honestly completely lost track of where this thread is going.

I think with the lack of depth in the talent pool of WSBK, Hayden would be at the pointy end right away.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I'd like to see him with Yamaha. He's instant top 5 and podium threat every weekend. Once sorted, it would be hard to stop him.

I hope Nicky goes. Will be a good end to a fantastic career.Plus, would help move American talent over that way. We have some insaily fast guys that get little looks because of what's happening here.