RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I Wanted to do this back in the day for the mid central regionl when the Ghetto Custom endurance team was strong!! I actually had a business plan with contingency but oil prices sky rocketed out of nowhere and paint wasnt cheap anymore!!

I can muster this expense...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Awesome!!!

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Name a few good categories for some contingency awards?
    Maybe we can get some other people to step up..
    We will put up one;

Most positions gained during the race? (The Late Breaker Award)
    1.) New Brembo RCS Master Cylinder..

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Most positions lost, a box of Wheaties.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

that's awesome!

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Great idea. Spread the love. Get awards for everyone in the top 10. Not just the winner.

:beer:

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

The Russell never stops.
    [​IMG]

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up::up:

10. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Are those wave rotors on the front bike? Looks like someone is trying to get all fancy with the SB rules

11. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

For those of you looking for Friday Practice N2 will host Friday and they do have a WERA rider discount - enter WERA-UVQNR7-WWQS when checking out!

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Jongo approved Fram orange.

13. Russell Masecar

Russell Masecar Well-Known Member

OK.....there has been some banter about running Saturday's LWT SB race as a "heat race" to determine grid positions for Sunday's Challenge.

However, there are some racers who have accumulated points throughout the year who could be adversely affected by this format, therefore....if any of you who may fall under this category read this, I'd like to solicit your input. I know many will be in favor, but we should see how much opposition there is to this idea.

I have looked at the current points and have an idea of who will benefit and who may not.

If you know someone who may be planning to run the Challenge but doesn't frequent the bbs, maybe you could keep them informed.

Russell Masecar

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You guys do all the cool sh!t.

:beer:

15. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I'm for whatever makes it harder for Kris Wall to win the thing.

-steve

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Y'all sob's are really tempting me. I have convinced myself in the last week that I'm still an SV badass and could potentially still bring heat. I asked my 7 year old boy if I should do it and he said Hell yeah and high fived me. Last time I asked him that he was in mama's belly at 07 GNF and I cleaned house. Y'all mofos better not poke this old ass dragon anymore. Goddamn getting old!!!

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you're an expert you should have no problem letting it rip on Saturday and using that result as your grid position for Sunday. If you're a young gun with aspirations of taking this as far as you can, you should be looking forward to this opportunity.

18. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I figure if it helps to grow Saturday's grid it can't be bad, besides maybe I can get a tow from some of the ringers that are going to show up.

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Not as if he has much of a chance but Draik is looking forward to the opportunity. Shoot, if anything, it'll be an extra chance to run against the really talented guys and learn from them. Just has to get latched onto them.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

And there you have it. Racers race! Step up to the challenge and have a great time.