1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supermoto tank in a solo16

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fullmetalF4i, Jul 1, 2015.

1. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

So I'm headed to Barber for the first time this weekend, and planned on running the solo. Not 100% sure that my 1.9 gallon tank is going to be able to make the whole 16 laps of the solo.
    Anyone have any experience on long runs with a supermoto (450)

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Buddy has a supermono YZ450 and he's done a solo at barber. Not sure if having a fairing helped him any mpg's but I doubt it.

Just top that bitch off.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does it use the stock tank?

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah sure does. Stock OEM tank with a cover on it.

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

cool. I've run the thing dry from a full tank once, but that was lugging around in the woods at a much lower RPM than this weekend will entail...

6. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

As a note, a 511 build with 14/44 gearing will make 13 laps at full throttle (though not a terribly good pace) but not much more.
    got back to the pits on fumes.
    had a little bit better pace on Sunday and in 6 laps I was going through about 3/4s of a tank.
    Better gearing, lighter rider, less rich jetting and fuel consumption could be better.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

That sucks, your bike must be thirsty or your tank is awful small. What bike is it?

Just double checked mylaps and we did a full 16 that race so I'm not crazy. :Poke:

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Do they make a desert tank for your model?

9. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

CRF450 w/ a 511 motor.
    got lapped 3 times. hell the ninja 250s were leaving me on the straights once I got up to my top speed a few hundred yards out of the corners. needed much longer gearing