1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Cabinet Systems

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jun 8, 2015.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Just purchased a home and looking to setup the garage? Anyone have any recommendations on brands or stores? Looking at some online at Home Depot and Costco.

Thanks for the input.

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

My buddy got the stuff from Sam's Club and it looks nice in his garage. Not sure of quality, etc.

3. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

New Age thick stuff here.

[​IMG]

4. jeffr1ey

that looks pretty nice! did you do the floor yourself?

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Home Jeffrey! Where you at now? Gonna hit the Lake one night this week on the Ski's... Cmon up!

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Someone's old kitchen cabinets in good shape.....save the money and spend it on your racebike.

I tend to search for the old metal ones on CL.

7. jeffr1ey

Thanks Marc! We are still in Mableton, just upgraded to an actual home! :cool:

You got to let me know when you are going to take them out on the weekend, it would be tough to make it up during the week. You going to come down to Cycle Jam and hang out? Make sure you find if you do.

Not doing a whole lot of trackdays this year.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Costco just had an ad in their latest mailer for a nice cabinet setup.

9. jeffr1ey

Yeah, they appeared to have some decent stuff. I found it surprising, but I guess I shouldn't be. lol..

I assume the quality is good?

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I built my own shelving units. Could easily buy (or recycle) cabinet doors to enclose it all.

My setup is far from glamorous, but it is very customized. I set the lowest shelf to a level where my lawn mower and generator fit perfectly underneath it. My work bench is also exactly at the height I find comfortable to stand at. The drawers I made underneath the work bench fit nicely over my mini fridges, and they're recycled from a dresser I got from my neighbor.

It wouldn't have cost me much more time or effort to make it look more professional with a coat of paint and better care given to finishing things - but I'm using my shelving to store camping supplies and cushions from our patio furniture...

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm not sure. Costco stuff generally is. I've seen that brand before (forget the name off hand) and it seemed pretty good.

12. jeffr1ey

i'll check it out :up:

i don't want to do any makeshift setup, i'm a bit OCD. rather spend the money and be happy with the setup.

13. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

I think it's time for Ekraft84 to post a link of his man cave from garagejournal.com to put us all in the shame. :-D

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

10-4....custom to me is the setup, not something from a catalog.....some are nicer than others, but there is still something about all those "cookie cutter" garage cabinet setups that are more form than function....where I'm more function than form.

To each their own....good luck with it Jeffery.:up:

Mableton?....we are like 10 miles apart....I'm off Macland road / Dallas hwy area.

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:stupid:

16. jeffr1ey

yeah, i understand where you are coming from and agree. i'm just not as crafty to really do something that customized. so I at least need a good starting point, which means going with some of the cookie cutter cabinetry.

the subdivision isn't too far off Veterans Memorial Hwy.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That would be like my two separate worlds colliding .. :D

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My HF rolling stool looks just like that...I think they make the lower tray out of recycled peanut brittle. The rest of the garage looks nothing like mine :D

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have the stuff from costco. Love it.

[​IMG]

20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

older pic from a couple of years ago [​IMG]