1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if Yamaha re-signed Spies fo 13-14

Discussion in 'General' started by fullmetalF4i, May 20, 2015.

1. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

A statement was brought up on another forum that Ben Spies got screwed out of the Yamaha ride after 2012.
    I was thinking about it and thought, with the same conditions going forward (him retiring in 2013 after a few races), what would the MotoGP landscape look like had Ben been signed with Yamaha for 2013 and Rossi not being able to get that ride back?
    While the Rossi side is fairly interesting (do they get to where the GP15 is now, does he keep JB around, what happens @ yamaha when Spies retires), the question becomes, what about all those ansilary pieces that moved around because of it. Dovi to Ducati, Cal to Ducati, Bradly Smith to Tech 3, Pol Esp to Tech 3, Hayden to Aspar, Lorenzo staying put with options, Cal to LCR, Bradl to Forward, Aliex Esp from Forward to Suzuki...
    How different would the MotoGP landscape be with just that one change?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the only way Rossi wouldn't have had that ride back was if he didn't want it.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

IIRC Yamaha marketing trumped the race team. The race team didn't want him back.

4. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Really?! Wow, didn't know that. Any reasons as to why? Don't know much of the inner working of the teams so curious.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

What if Schwantz had never retired? Would Suzuki have pulled out after 2011? Would King Kenny still have earned his crown? Would Steeltoe have had Rizla girls to fap to instead of having to resort to Maxxis girls?

So many questions.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

:crackup:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nothing will ever top the Maxxis Babes Thread. Huey fookin conqured the Isle of Man lol.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What if Biaggi and Gibernau stayed in MotoGP?

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

What if Stoner wasn't allergic to milk?

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What if Biaggi hadn't bitchslapped Melandri? Would he be outperforming Bautista?

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was searching trying to find the original article that I read that from. So far I only found this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...return-to-Yamaha-MotoGP-team-next-season.html

If I have more time I'll try and find the article. For some reason I thought it was on motomatters.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

What if the Germans hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor?

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Custer probably would have triumphed at the Alamo, then.

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

What if people had not "crashed" and Nicky had not takin the title due to there crashes

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What if Hulk Hogan hadn't crossed the Delaware back in 1776?

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What if Kenny Roberts hadn't gone to europe and stomped a mudpie into barry sheene's ass in 1978?

19. "What If I Never Tried It" an autobiography by Valentino Rossi.

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What if Bruce Jenner never met a Kardashian?