1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America Superstock 600

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

:stupid: There's a huge difference in a Super Stock and Super Sport bike.

This is just silly, and couldn't be further from the truth.

Most of the issues at Road A were related to windscreens, and not actual mechanical silliness. All of the violators received bulletins on Sunday morning basically letting them know MA was aware of the infraction, but they would let it slide this weekend.

They did. Next year = no top end modifications.

It's basically up to Moto America as to whether or not your machine is presentable looking. They don't require new bodywork, but it can't be all rashed up either. Most teams/riders keep spare bodywork around, or at least color coordinated duct tape so it doesn't look shitty on camera.

As far as Joe Roberts running Super Stock.. who cares. He's fast, he's eligible and he'll make the field work harder. He whipped my ass this weekend, as did a lot of other guys, and I'm not crying about it.

Let the racers race. :up:

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Leak down test maybe? Compression test. If it passes both race that m%therF*cker

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I haven't combed through the rule book, so I apologize for my ignorance, but I thought the rule for machining heads and blocks was going to be postponed until 2016. Is that incorrect?

My bad... should have read the rest of the thread before replying...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  4. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Any issues getting the Sunoco RMR fuel?

Do they have it at the track? If so, how does allocation work and costs?

5. CZHART320

CZHART320 Well-Known Member

yes they had a fuel truck at the track for Friday and sat and its 12$ a gallon

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Name was changed to match what the rules will be in the future. However, to help the US teams who had machinery built to the old rules they left the majority of the specs from DSB alone for this year. It's a balancing act between not messing with the teams and trying to build the series towards what the rest of the world uses for class structure.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool they worked with them especially at an event where aerodynamics played little to no part in results.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably yes.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everyone gives some leeway for crash damage. However - this is pro racing not club racing, I'd expect them to give a lot less than we would. Part of the show is the bikes looking good.

10. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

So SSTK600 is considered a pro race in your opinion?:D

11. ped

ped Banned

averaging the top 5 in each class

SSTK600 - 1:33.019

Supersport - 1:29.322

12. Oh lawd.

8 more pages.

:crackup:

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have heard rumblings, but what is the plan for the future? Class structure leaning more towards SuperStock with the modded 600's going away? Or vice versa?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The event is a pro race. What each individual class or rider is, well that's an entirely different conversation :D

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I think a bunch of talented riders on stock 600s with suspension and nothing else would be awesome.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Look at BSB and WSB class structures. Everyone is trying to work towards being close on rules worldwide.

17. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

When studied in a wind tunnel, Double Bubbles were actually less aerodynamic than standard screens........ basically slowing the bike.

They just help chunky guys like me :)

18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Last time I saw your bike on track, it appeared to help the guy behind you more!
    :D

19. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

That's basically where the rules are going over time. The folks at MA know they can't come in and rewrite the rule book this year, but the 600 SStock rules for next year are getting more strict around engine mods.

I think it's great, and should make the class more competitive if everyone plays by the rules.

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Days Of Thunder "Theres nothing stock about a stockcar"