1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn 12 Reconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how much the New T 12 At Road A typically adds to one's lap time?

Thanks.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

1.3 seconds for me. But I think the fast guys have picked this back up overall.

3. I have ridden both configs several times, but never ran the old config at race pace (TD's only). But I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2 seconds based upon my experience with both. Depending on how someone gets in and out of the new T12 and/or how big their balls are in the old T12, I could see it adding as much as 3 seconds.

4. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

2-3 seconds

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ He would know better than almost anyone. I've never ran the old way.

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Old T12 felt way faster but what the hell do I know I suck there old or new :(

7. It was way faster; it was a 4th gear corner. Which meant you entered the front straight carry a ton more speed.

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I look back on it now 10-12 years later and think damn the risk I went through there was unreal :eek: it was a fun ass turn though. There were a few character bumps if you got off line a little :D

I got issues now much wiser and older with several other spots there besides what the old T12 offered up. I'm a chicken there now and have no problem admitting it. :(

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That was one of the most fun (and unsafe) corners, ever.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what was your visual reference point? As it is now the 600s are wheelieing over the crest at the bridge so Id imagine you wouldnt want to do that hooking that hard right down hill. :wow:

11. When I rode old T12 that bridge still had a "SUZUKI" sign on it. I would exit 10b and let my corner speed/throttle carry me to the left edge of the track. Then slowly start leaning/tipping towards the right and would aim for the "Z" in SUZUKI as I short-shifted into 3rd to keep the front wheel under control.

That would put me on line for T12 and I would click 4th heading down the hill.

Just talking about it gives me an adrenaline rush. Id give a paycheck for them to bring that corner back.

12. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

For slower bikes, it's been a little closer to 3-4 seconds per lap.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

OLD 12

I remember asking Walker, Green & some other SV guys once, about it on my SV, "Just pin it up the hill and hold it till you get to the end of the wall on the left"....WHAT?? YerJoking RIGHT?? Nope.
    I actually only really did it about 3 times, my wrist would get weak...and I would whifff it just alittle, but NO they were Not joking.

As much as I hated that corner when Matt was racing I freekin loved it riding..(Just like he said I would). :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  14. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Yep, I had a similar experience. Except I did it on my 1st gen that was down about 10hp to what they were riding. But yea, for the small bikes it's basically like putting a 2nd gear elbow in the first third of what was essentially a flat out straight. I'd have to check the times, but I seem to remember Westby and Co. doing close to 34s laps, with mayyybe a 33 thrown in there. Has anyone gone faster than a 37 or 38 with the new config?

15. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Whatchu Talkin bout?

Hayes and Co. do 28s 29's.

Roberts did 31's on in SSTK600.

16. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I think he means on a SV.

17. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Well that makes sense.

Carry on. Nothing to see here. :D

18. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Most awesome turn ever.

Who here doesn't remember the first time?

19. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Well, I'm not afraid to admit I chicken'd out a time or two trying to pass on the outside of old 12.:eek::eek:

20. bfkidd

bfkidd Well-Known Member

You use the colored bars on the bridge as the reference point. Pick your favorite and hold it open as long as you dare. That old config along with the old turn 2,3,4 combo are a total blast.

[​IMG]