1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing again!

Discussion in 'General' started by beechkingd, Apr 12, 2015.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I raced my '86 200x three wheeler this weekend at Breezewood Proving Grounds in PA. I haven't raced anything in a few years and it was great to actually do it again. I'd never raced my three wheeler before but managed to get second out of nine starters in my bikes class. I missed the adrenaline :D can't wait to do it again!

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

200x, those were cool bikes, not as cool as the 250r though. Raced motocross for a couple years on tri's, started out on a 200F :) Was the only tri to clear the doubles and that was on the 200F. :)

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The fact that you can race a 3 wheeler without breaking every bone in your body is extremely commendatory!

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

Those things are the most body smashing toys I have ever ridden. I spent more time crawling in the dirt trying to catch my breath than I did on top of them. Tires are supposed to be added in multiples of 2...:D

5. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Nice! I just flinched from the memory of damn near ripping my leg off every time I went to take a turn. Went from a YZ to a 250R, so learning to NOT plant my leg was painful. .......actually, everything about the ATC was painful!!

6. Newsshooter

They did have a tendency to hunt you down and jump on you when you crashed. :)

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Mad props to you! I rode a 3 wheeler twice, the first time i ended up rolling one over multiple times when flying through a huge mud puddle and the second time I side swiped a moving car that ran up $2K worth of work to the car.

There will not be a third time! :D

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I only raced my 3 wheeler with my buddies and that was sketchy at best. But that was when I was 8.

9. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

3 wheelers are easy to ride and a lot like you lean just like on a road race bike. I always found them to be perfectly stable once you learn there their limits and they are way more work to ride then a four wheeler. I'm still sore after two days and from a ten minute race.

It's sort of like a motorcycle and it is a race, I'll risk sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhWHFOz3wo

10. Newsshooter

Makes me want to scan craigslist for a 250r. I liked three wheels better than 4, especially for flat track. You could move them in and out easier with body english.

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Man i miss having a 3 wheeler. Had everything, Honda 110, suzuki 125, Kawi 110 and last one was a 250r. Never had an opportunity to race one though. Hmmm, maybe time to start scouring Kijiji.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sooooooo..... basically the same as your w wheeled career?