Talladega Paddock info

Discussion in 'General' started by r8ed600rr, Feb 6, 2015.

1. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

This will be my first trip to Talladega. Is there 30/50 amp power and is it a sandy or paved paddock? Anything else I need to know?

2. Yes. Paved. Nice showers in the Silo.

Grom.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

keep in mind, there are only about 20 spots with "RV power". If you dont get there early, you aint gettin' none. If youre able to get there Friday night and set up, it would BEHOOVE you greatly, get there Saturday morning, and more than likely you'll be S.O.L.

4. r8ed600rr

r8ed600rr Well-Known Member

I will be rolling in around 11pm Friday Night

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Gate closes at 10 pm CST

6. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant 11 EST

7. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

try to save me a spot if you can. i'll plan on being there early.

8. Ramm

Ramm Well-Known Member

Just hop over it.

9. roy826ex

Will do :up:

10. roy826ex

That will work but your rig will still be at the gate till morning :tut:

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not a good idea......

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

It's been a couple years for me, but you used to be able to pay for power to a non-RV spot. The only problem is you'll need a very long power cord. I paid for power only to find that my 50' cord was not going to be long enough. :down:

13. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Almost completely off topic...

It sure would suck for some of these track owners that 'lock you in' over night if someone had a medical emergency and couldnt get out or couldnt get help in in time and suffered because of it. Seems like a huge liability to me.

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ive wondered that too. There is a phone# you can call at the gate, but if its real late no idea on what kind of response you'd get. If I didnt get an answer pretty quick and it was a real emergency, that gate would not slow me down much.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, we'd find out real quick if those padlocks really are bulletproof ;)

16. I've thought about that before too. Dave lives right by Tally so it might be too bad, but the Jennings gate Czaress might be another story.

But I've always got lock cutters with me and if that isn't enough I've got a 4x4 with 1000ft/lbs of torque. If it was a real emergency I'd get through the damn gate.

17. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Absolutely...

But us A type 'get shit done' guys arent the only ones at the track any more. Just thinking they've set themselves up for some pretty big lawsuit opportunities.

18. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

You never know what you're going to get at Tally. You might get power at first, but then the breaker trips every 10 minutes, you might have your power double-sold so your pit neighbor is tapping into "your power", causing the breakers to trip. You can guarantee that if it rains, you'll want a canoe. It will flood the whole area like a lake, bring rafts and floaties, haha. You might be better off with an RV, they let them park on the slightly higher ground near the power plugs.

Seriously though, it's an awesome small track that is fun as any of the expensive tracks, but don't expect anything, it's a cheap track and it delivers more per dollar than most other tracks, but it's a minimalist track. I would never consider a trip to Tally without a generator.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  19. roy826ex

All this :up:

20. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

BTW,
    Wish I join you guys this time. Tear it up Roy! I won't be making it to this round unfortunately.