1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW Ive missed ALOT!!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Man I take a few months away to get some things straight health and head wise and when I come back I see so many posts that Ive missed out on. So next year Im hoping to be on a few grids, do several track days to get the rust out and maybe let my gonads drop back down. Got to get some stuff for the old f3 being shes sat for a minute. Question for you perfectionists. I had my suspension completely redone by Tman in 09. Ive done a few weekends on it but less than 6 total cause my health. Should I redo it, refresh it, call Tman see what he say? What would you recommend?

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Ride it.

3. Dyle

I was thinking the same the thing. Im putting the big motor in it while I build my very first SB motor myself. Never built a motor b4 so wish me luck. I hope I can do it and not waste a motor. I need some EBC rotors or Galfers.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dyle, as far as I know we've never met, but I have followed your posts for a while and know that you hit some hard times. I'm glad you're getting back bikewise. I agree with duck62 here. Just put some fresh rubber on and ride. Knitpick the small stuff later. Welcome back.:clap:

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Welcome back.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ride it and get your ass back out there.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

8. Dyle

Seams the gorus know best!!

Metalhead I know we have spoke our a lot of threads on here over the years so your opinion is well thought of. Thanks a lot guys. Ill be asking some dumb ass questions cause as I build this other motor Ill need the gorus advice.

9. Dyle

OK so heres my first question. Ive never used a 1/4 turn throttle. I was given oa ne from Scott Lyndsey a while back for I think a early 2000 model R6. I know its for an R6 just not sure of the year. Thing is it fits the f3 bar but the linkage is completely different than the f3. Any one have a 1/4 turn they want to get rid of or know how to make this one work with the f3 linkage. Ill take a pic and post it in a few minutes once my lunch is done...LOL

10. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

You can use a dremel to make it work. Take your time and take a little off at a time.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Its the 2003 R6's that it comes off of. I tried it on mine but I have a crappy throttle that needs to be changed.

12. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Ride it, oil doesn't go bad!

13. Dyle

I actually boxed things back up cause of all the RC51 boxes I have and I didn't want to mix anything up. But Ill dig it back out and take a pic of it so you guys can educate me on what to do with it. IM taking it next week to refresh my carbs and rejet for the big motor. So Ill get to see family and friends in Atlanta next week.
    Anyone wanna meet up some where and have some lunch or dinner?

14. F2RGK

I'll be at road Atlanta next Sunday! Same race number 498, red honda

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Hey Dyle. Good to hear you're feeling better and have the itch to get back on the bike.

Ronnie, you got your Road Atlanta gearing all ready? I was laughing the other day thinking about running 14/44 the first time I was there.

16. Dyle

KMC how is Pops doing? Good to hear from you. You, Sauce and JT are the only up north guys who I still regular on here and sometimes Lance.

17. F2RGK

Laugh!! I'm going to try 15/43 on this '08. I'm bringing more sprockets with if needed for sure. Can't wait to be there. Last time I was there was with all of you guys and Sauce

18. Dyle

OK Im in need my brothers. I need a petcock valve that doesn't leak. Ive got 4 and all leak like crazy, and any got a good after market throttle set up. I cant get the 1/4 turn figured out and my assembly is sticking. It wont snap back no matter how I run the cables or how much I lube them. Ive got a stock one it now cause I lost the part of my after market set up that got rid of the on off switch. So if anyone has them let me know or shoot me a PM. Thanks guys. Oh Ill post the pics of the GPR rebuild damper set up for the f3 and Ill post the dyno run so you guys can see what the big motor pulls. I just got to get my scanner working.

19. Dyle

??? Anyone??

20. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Get a brand new petcock. Best way to go. Partzilla has good prices. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1998/CBR600SE+A/FUEL+TANK/parts.html Part # 5

Is it the throttle tube or the cables binding? You need to find out what is sticking. There was an area that I had to dremel on the cam where the cables come into contact. Take your time with the throttle housing and the tube first. Only remove a little at a time. You may have to dremel some of the inside of the housing as well. Make sure the cables are not twisted or too tight.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014