1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brisbane Australia, What to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

The better half and I are flying there in November. Other than holding a Koala Bear and surfing, what is there to do? Timing did not work out for Philips Island.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

too bad you arent single. i know a group of 8 smokin hot party chicks from brisbane.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Throw a shrimp on the Barbie.
    Ken won't like it, but Dave will have a smile on his face.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The national pass time of Australia is avoiding being bitten by poisonous creatures. That should keep you busy.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Punch Stoner in his giant ass horse teeth.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

have another sip shortarse

[​IMG]

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Stoner doesn't have giant-assed anything.

Well, maybe from a perspective other than that which I enjoy.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You're assuming his other half isn't into partying with hot chicks, you should never assume... :D

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Like I said

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I just remember it being really, really hot when I was there, it was February and even more uncomfortable than it was in Darwin. I think I was drunk for most of the 3 days I was there though and I don't recall too much about it.

There's lots of shops and a Mall with a rollercoaster on the top floor, well there was in 1996, oh and a warship turned into a museum and a plethora of pubs.

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Glass house mountains are near by. Croc hunter guy had a zoo nearby also. Not sure if it's still there, but it was worth he visit.

12. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

dates?
    local club race 2 hour drive from Brisbane 2-3rd of nov ;)

otherwise, Brisbane kicks arse, as does where I live, gold coast, 45 min drive south of it...

Mt cootha on a clear night is stunning.
    Aust. zoo is 1hrs drive north of Brisbane
    45 min south on the gold coast is some of the best beaches on earth, 4 theme parks, and dedicated party strip. loads of beautiful mountains to ride if you and your partner hire a motorcycle, happy to guide you.

Brisbane itself is full of clubs and bars, but fortitude valley is a bit.. strange.
    southbank in Brisbane city is a nice place, full of artificial beach pools, a giant ferris wheel, museums, science centre is nearby too.

plenty of rainforest mountains to explore on gold coast and sunshine coast

cheers.joe.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  13. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Nice one Joe :clap:

yeah it's ok, well I like it, there's mountains (in Australian terms) nearby to the west and north make nice day trips, coast is nearby with decent beaches north and south, and fairly untouched islands immediately east with good marine life, and northern NSW beaches not much further away, Byron Bay too if that’s your thing. Reasonable amenities and culture for a small town, art galleries, theatre, microbreweries, some interesting neighbourhoods etc. just depends what you are into or what you’re wanting to see. It’s a young city so don’t expect any historic sites or 200yr old pubs. Give me a shout when you get some dates or PM me if you want ideas/timeframes for things. Don’t forget G20 is here in mid November, and will likely disrupt the CBD area so I’d plan to be out of the immediate area for those days, city will be dead.

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I just applied for a job in Brisbane. :up:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does Susan know? :D

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Susan is invited. But cortez is making think there is some sister-wife material that I should check out. cortez, do they like to clean in silence? It's a dealbreaker.

17. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, there is a Pineapple plantation not far from Brisbane, I visited there when I was stationed at Amberley AFB in Brisbane back in '79. If you've never had pineapple that is allowed to fully ripen before harvesting, then you've never really had pineapple. That stuff is crack-cocaine with vitamin-C. Go see the plantation if you can. I still remember how good that shit was.

18. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Hey Stan, good memory, there are tons of pineapple farms beneath the glass house mountains mentioned earlier, very close to Australia Zoo, and 20mins from the Sunshine Coast. The big pineapple itself is a bit further north, by about 20mins. It makes a pretty nice day out to do all 3, hike/zoo/surf.

Good luck with the application Joe:up:

19. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I must have been at the Big Pineapple then. I have an old photo of me on the top of a big observation deck that was built as a big fiberglass pineapple. Man that pineapple we bought was good! Kinda like when you have fresh tuna as opposed to what comes out of a can.

20. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Dates are 19-24 Nov

Thanks for the info, the Museums and Science Center sounds interesting. The wife would like the theme parks.