1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owned.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cortezmachine, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ped

ped Banned

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I am.

No I don't teach her about it but I would be open to discussion if she asked or showed signs leaning that way. I have read the satanic bible and I feel like (most of) it's teachings are far more in tune with modern society than other abrahamic religions. A very common misconception is that satanists worship the devil. They do not. Laveyan satanists are atheists who believe in the self. The representation of satan/baphomet just serves as a symbolic antethesis to religious dogma.

"There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!"

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

+1

4. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

5. ton

ton Arf!

absolutely in favor. i'd actually like to see at least semester's worth of theology mandatory in history classes. in depth discussion of all the world's major religions, including some of the reactionary ones like Satanism, FSM, Scientology, etc.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Comparative religion is a fantastic subject. One of my favorites in college actually.

That and ancient satire.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just needs the soundtrack addition of a few 2 strokes being "tuned" and an unmuffled SRX being started with rollers...:D

8. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

This made me laugh out loud.

What Nazif said.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea, that's not exactly what I was hinting at when I made that remark.

I, too, think it'd be a good lesson to teach them the different types of faith out there, including the screwball types.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe after they teach them to read and add.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:D

I dunno when that is anymore with this common core crap.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Common Core.
    I'm glad my kids are out of school. If past experience is any indicator, I'd be making a huge pain in the ass of myself down at the school.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You don't know the half of it, I was pretty good in the math dept. back in my school days. My 10yo comes into my office with a math problem yesterday that made no freaking sense whatsoever, working nights suck and I always seem to be in a fog these days but damn if that math problem had ZERO value in teaching and in her future life. :D

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Now that's funny.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I heard of one religion that believes that a cosmic Jewish zombie who is his own father committed ritual suicide so that his followers could symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, which would absolve them of a stain of sin that was placed on each of their souls when a talking snake convinced a rib-woman to eat an apple.

There's definitely some screwball shit out there.

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I hope my iPad is thru-the-nose coffee proof! :crackup:

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll admit that was funny.

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

:stupid:

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Don't try to pass that shit of as your own :p