1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bump to Expert

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Can I get some clarification on what is considered in bumping guys from novice to expert?

As far as points go, looks like i'm as high as 6th in the north florida region and 11th in the southeast region. However, I have only participated in 3 rounds and planning on finishing out the year at GNF.

I would like to do a full season next year as a novice, but wondering if I'll need to protest.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

same here. :D

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

why not just race against the experts?

4. jeffr1ey

well at this point, my lap times aren't competitive with the experts. i would like to be running high 30s consistently at tracks like barber and rd atlanta before making the leap.

5. jeffr1ey

lol.. :tut:

good luck with keeping your yellow plates. ha

my best finish is 2nd place... i believe you have a few wins :D

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Lap times have little to do with it. I've been an expert for 12 years and haven't cracked the 1:40 barrier at Barber, so suck it up.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

it's a hazing thing.. an initiation.. An expert rider is chosen to literally "BUMP" the AM racer that is getting ready for white plates, on track when they are not expecting it. If you don't fall down, you are ready.

:) what.. seems legit ?

8. jeffr1ey

ok, well that's why i'm asking...

9. jeffr1ey

:beer:

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The leaves may not always turn at the same time, but you know it's fall when the bump letters go out and these threads appear...:D

11. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

The letters are pretty much automatic. It's your responsibility to let WERA know if you don't think you're ready. Finishing positions at the GNF might be a better barometer than point standings, but there are plenty of other things to consider too. And they will. If you ask them. :up:

12. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Make the jump. You will learn more and be a faster rider by the end of your expert year. And You are a good rider.

13. jeffr1ey

assuming i'm bumped! lol

:up:

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I agree. Take the plunge man, chasing those guys will make you faster. :up:

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

IMHO, if you want to race at an expert pace, you should probably start by chasing experts rather than leading novices. Even if it's not ALL the novices.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Whats "expert pace"? Laptime? Technique? Grid filler?

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Racing with novices won't make you any faster. If you want to get faster, start racing with the faster guys and learn.

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Based on your points you probably aren't eligible, but as others have said there's more to it. Get a podium at the GNF and you'll get the letter.

If you get it, take it. You'll be a faster rider chasing the faster riders. :D

19. jeffr1ey

yeah, i was asking from a points perspective. but yeah, understanding it will make me a faster rider, i'll take it.

so if i get on podium at GNF, i'll plan on taking the plunge. :beer:

20. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Jeff,

How much experience did you get with CCS last year? if it was a good bit, you are prolly ready.

And WERA needs Experts! LOL