1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya'll enjoy tally, in August

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Aug 14, 2014.

1. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

This will be my official start the "Who is coming, but I won't attend" thread.
    When the owners repave the entire track, run power through the paddock, & pave it, or at least make pads like JGP, then I will race there.
    Until then, that place is not worth my entry fees.
    VIR was SWEET with a repave & power everywhere.
    That drive was worth it.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You're crazy. Tally kicks ass. The paddock is basically paved. I've never really had much trouble getting concrete there.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Since my first trip there, around 91, it's come a long way. It's got what we need, and it's still affordable. The low overhead of Tally helps us afford to go to other places.

Don't swear it off and then get upset if we stop going the places you like.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Tally is my favorite. Sorry to hear you don't like it and that you won't be there.

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Not ridden the newest layout, but its still my favorite track
    (even if that's where my worst crash took place) ;)

6. El Skwid!

Debunking

What are you guys smoking? (Please share)
    "Basically paved"? The old hot pit road does not = paved paddock.
    If you don't get there early Fri, you ain't on assfault (in the local dialect).
    WERA scores each event as it's own (Vintage doesn't pay the bills), so the 'average cost' argument is a red herring.
    Nice try Stick, but you are a small business owner. "My fuel cost to drive there forces me to use the small trailer, after I work a full Friday at my other job."

KK, we are on for Road A, all 3 days. Bring your 'A' game! ( I do expect you to best me, but you will know you were in a race.) :FL:

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well since we would be racing on Saturday and like most weekends there are no practices on Friday which would allow for a good spot either friday night or saturday morning.

Hell you go and I'll save you a pit spot on concrete. And the track surface is Better than Jennings. The only real problem is that it is a very busy track so you wear down that left side pretty quickly.

I love Tally

8. El Skwid!

Better than JGP?!
    Again, what are you smoking? :confused:
    I build roads & bridges for a living; that ENTIRE track surface would be rejected on any project in FL.
    There is no concrete in the paddock, as I recall.
    You are making me wonder what you are comparing this track to?
    Think NOLA...the same surface for the entire lap, plentiful power, easy access to showers, plenty of pit in/pit out room, etc.

9. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'm split. I like Tally, just had to learn to deal with track and paddock surfaces. Wags got a point. Get there late and power is tough to find and you'll pit in the grass or flood plain.

It's like dating that crazy broad. You know you should get away from her but the sex is awesome :D

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I will have my 'A' game, may or may not have an 'A' bike. May be back on the EX500 with that teeny rear tire.

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Tally has always been one of my favs. I get there early most of the time and always get good power. Maybe it was because the girls were marshalling the whole weekend and we needed to be there early but I loved the track. Ive got more podiums there than any other and in all my years of racing Ive had 4 crashes, 1@RRR, 2@ Tally and 1@JGP and they all 3 sucked so no was better than the other. And if you don't get to JGP early you wont be getting power or a pad. So may as well be at Tally. But I wont be making it either. Continuing to get back into shape, been up and down this year with my meds constantly changing and I baught one of BigDaddyWells bikes so I got lots of work to do.

12. rwood64083

One too many crashes affected your math skills big guy :Poke:

:D

13. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I'm going to try something different and try the 750 on this track instead of the blast furnace. It's finally tuned and brakes and carbs are sorted.

Attached Files:

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Uh oh!!! A bike that might actually turn!?!?!?!

15. rwood64083

Pot < Kettle

:crackup:

16. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

I seem to remember a little 600 getting around some 750s and 1100s at Tally. Just the once though. I would love to get there, but finding the time to drive down there is hard to come by and the money to do it even harder to find. Enjoy.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Talladega Rocks..... There is Power there.... Just dont be the last one to pull in.. Repave the Paddock? Pads? Seriously?? They dont need Pads there... There is no Sand there like Jennings....

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talladega makes it so we can afford to lose money going to VIR. Pavement in the paddock is great, however it costs money and they pass that cost on to us.

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid:

20. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Tally is one of my favorite places to go.............will be there sweating...and kickin' ass..............