1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rispoli Switching to the R6

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jul 14, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What is it that makes the R6 so much better than the other bikes? I know the CBR has head/valve limitations that hurt it. The Triumph seems to do okay but it's hit or miss. But nobody is even riding the ZX6 or the GSXR in DSB though.

3. jeffr1ey

not exactly sure, but it has to be related to the out of the box geometry and chassis? i think it is one the most developed 600s out there as well. there has to be more to it than just personal preference.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In the US the R6s kick butt in DSB and the GSXRs in SS. In WSS the CBR's and the ZX6's are the bike to have now it seems.

What a bunch of goofiness.

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

And where do I send my uber low-ball offer for that retired pos gsxr?

6. jeffr1ey

yeah, but yamaha sort of pulled out of WSS.. and Sam Lowes competed and won last years championship on a non-factory R6. they probably had factory support though.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Saw the announcement yesterday on Keith's page. Not surprised. Suriano took Suzukis to World Supersport and they might as well have burned a pile of money in a barrel instead.

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure it only seems that way in WSS cause factory yamaha chooses not to be there. A few years back, they dusted off a couple of older r6's, and if i remember right, did really well.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've been pretty impressed with MV's effort on the 675. Seems like all of the platforms can do will with enough of a budget to make it work.

Shame that those Suzuki's never win championships DSB.......oh wait

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think it was Crutchlow's old R6's they pulled out of closet somewhere and put Scassa and Davies on and off they went. :up:

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yep. Chaz won the championship that year i think.

12. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

He did win the championship in 2011 on Crtchlow's bike. In my opinion they (R6) would be a top contender/Champ, if they were back in the series.

13. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

James rode a R6 once 2 years ago in a wildcard BSB SS ride for Swan Yamaha.

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Ever think the guys riding them and the teams tuning them might make a difference no matter what the logo on the tank is?

15. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

I think the reason the R6 has so much more success than the others is because the base bike is obviously very good and easy to go fast on (born well...) and because the best tuner with the most resource has spent so much time and money on it over the years that it's basically that much more developed than anything else, at least in North America.

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

If you are serious, I have his 2011 A-Bike I'll sell! :D

17. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

The only thing clear in British Supersport is that Triumphs run the show, there seem to be all the other guys near the front (Appleyard Yamaha, Martrain Yam, Gearlink Kawi, even Taylor Mackenzie on the Tyco...). Or Smith's Tri have Gowland and McConnell, 2 incredible riders. Or both.

But I do know that weight limits for all machinery in BSS is the same (161kg), regardless of displacement.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

To a point, yes. Rispoli did well in SS, came to DSB and was midpack on the same bike. Eslick and Cardenes won championships on the GSXR while Westby podiumed a few times and won a race or two on exactly the same bike.

But aren't most of the front running R6's in DSB either Graves or Graves built bikes?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think so. The Meen and RoadRaceFactory bikes are both Graves right?

20. jeffr1ey

i don't believe the RoadRaceFactory bikes are. i believe they are independent.. i could be wrong though. i know Meen is though.