1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Living location

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

You forgot to add NOLA and Jennings Phil.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

We've upped our frequency for IOMtt and another new job/venture/race idea.

What happened to setting up your motogp training?

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

For ever the knocker eh, get over it dude. It seems that a lot of people think it best if I want to try and continue with this idea it is best that I was in the USA to do it, so I am looking at just that hence this is going on. If I am there I will be racing in the WERA series and will be exporting damaged bikes to make some money- that is if that is all ok with you of course BOSS:D Your VISA dept says it is!

4. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

Tennesse has no state income tax. Lottery hope scholarships for kids. Four seasons. Not too shabby.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What percent is property tax on real estate out in Tennessee?

California 1.25-2% which is a base 1% plus local add-ons and new areas have Mello Roos
    Texas 3-4% is what I remember paying in Lakeway by Austin.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  6. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Depends on the county/city. $1.49 to $5.122 per $100 assessed value from a quick check at www.comptroller.tn.gov.
    Cheap in the rural areas, higher in cities, naturally.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hey Kurt, that " Tail of the dragon" Road looks very cool, man it must be covered in the law, that looks like motorcycle paradise to me, liking this area more and more, and I would get to go to Deals gap for a coffee

8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Call it Deal's Gap. You'll sound less touristy if you do.

Also. That road is good, but there are others close by that the Leo's patrol less. And when I say less, I mean not around every corner pulling you over for 36 in a 35.

I suggest riding 129 in the evening during weekdays. It gets pretty deserted then and is quite serene and almost zen-like.

If you are more interested in meeting people and looking at bikes spend the weekend at the resort/corner store

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just found out today that my company is looking at expanding into TN. Hmmmmmm

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

with my accent man, it would be impossible not to sound like a tourist

11. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

That Aussie accent is quite thick! :D

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Just like the Aussies are you canadian Biatch;)

13. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I live there. I'm in the closest town 19 miles away, called Robbinsville. Bascially between there and the Cherohala Skyway. Awesome place to retire. Especially if your into motos, mtbing, whitewater kayaking, backpacking, hunting, lake life, etc. Which I'm all the above. Cheap homes too, relatively speaking. Hard to make a living around here tho.

The BIG bummer for this county(Graham) is its a dry county:(. Thats right boys and girls..no beer. Gotta drive to the NOC, Bryson, Andrews, Deals gap, etc.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

NYC...because it is the best place in the world :D

15. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Loafers/Chevelles/Doyles I know the drill.

16. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Between NC , SC and Tennessee -you gotta got with Tennessee.NC just down right sucks - between the hellish taxes , crap roads, rude people , ice storms and the threat of hurricanes , Tennessee is a much better place to live.If not for my job, Id move back in a heart beat.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Actually NYC is the one city I want to see in the world that I have not been to as yet, just to visit though.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I need to look into the practcallity of Buying up crash damaged bikes and shipping them from that area back to new zealand and if it is cost effective or not first though, but it sure sounds like a great area.

19. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

There should be a decent supply of crashed bikes in that area...

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Guess I best star researching auction houses around there then