1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roller Tool Box Suggestions/Recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jun 11, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

As the title says, I'm looking to get a smaller sized roller tool box that I can bring to the track.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what to get? Not looking to spend a fortune, but also don't really want anything that is cheap. So something in between?

Thanks! :up:

2. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

You might be better off with a lockable cart with a few drawers ill find a picture of what I'm talking about and post it. Also what's your price range.

3. jeffr1ey

Stay within $300?

4. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

As long as you don't need it in a rush keep your eye on Craigslist. There have been some outstanding deals on Snap On boxes on the local Craigslist.

6. surfingsk8r

7. surfingsk8r

Craigslist is definitely a good resource also check out cornwell tools their carts are around 3 to 5 hundred and are made pretty well

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

9. jeffr1ey

yeah, didn't really think to look on craigslist. i'll also check out cornwell tools. i'll pass on the green box lol.. what an eye sore..

10. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

12. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

i got the one from harbor freight, think i paid $269 for it, it handles the needs & if it gets trashed i don't care LOL

13. surfingsk8r

IMO the HF boxes and carts are not bad and the price is definitely right but their known to have shit castors and if he's planning on rolling this thing all over creation at the track and in and out of a trailer it might not be a bad idea to look for something a bit better Granted you can change the castors on the HF boxes but there is still a build quality difference. But all of that said the HF stuff is better than any of the other big box store brands IMO Again though I would look at Cornwell tools there is value in their carts and boxes.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

16. jeffr1ey

so a negative on the big ask husky from Home Depot? i saw it in person, just wasn't sure about the quality. i didn't think about HF boxes.

a lot of good ideas.

17. jeffr1ey

wish they had this one in black! that would be ideal. i assume you had it shipped?

18. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

thats the same one i have, i may go grab those casters, it would make getting through grass etc.. a hell of a lot easier

19. surfingsk8r

I personally have not been to impressed with the Husky boxes that have been made in recent years. A guy I used to wench with a few years ago had an old husky box that literally was on par with my Matco box with exception of the fact that the weight of the box was not enough to hold it up right if he had a few of his heavier socket drawers open. It would tip but as I said that was a very old Husky box the new ones are way more flimsy

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The harbor frieght ones mentioned are a great deal for the money.