1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Living location

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Jun 10, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

what area would be Best central living location for WERA Racing FULL series in terms of travel time and ease

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Atlanta and/or it's suburbs is definitely the center of the southeast schedule (largest portion of the national schedule as well) for sure.

As for central to all of the eastern U.S., Tennessee is very central, but everything is a drive of 4 or more hours, nothing local...yet. It helps having 3 different interstates meeting up in Nashville. I think that's why we have so many shipping/distribution companies here.

Of course, if you plan on doing West coast events and want to be central to those as well...I dunno..Oklahoma maybe? That would be a ton of driving to everything though.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Tennessee is sounding very good just based on the shipping/distributors facts you just made me aware of, as I will be doing export shipping whilst over there of crash damaged bikes and a few other things, cheers man.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hide your women hide your children!

5. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

I live in Senoia, GA. So far it seems pretty central for WERA southeast.

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

women yes, and I am NOT related to that sick feker dude

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

For WERA (east) only, I'd probably do Tennessee as mentioned. If WERA West or AFM sound interesting too (they are to me, certainly) then Texas is absolutely where I'd be. WERA West, AFM, CMRA (basically WERA's TX-only sibling), and WERA East all within 16 hours, most within 5.

8. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

I also looked at Tennessee before I moved to Senoia. I just liked this area better.

9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We love being in Knoxville TN. If you ever want to come visit the area, Shaun, you are welcome to come to our place.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Come on to Nashville, Shaun. I could use the entertainment! :D

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I can't believe some of you are actually inviting this guy to you homes, let alone your cities. :Poke:

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Atlanta suuuucks ass. Stay out, and don't even think about the burbs. They are also awful as eff.

Trust me... nothing to see here.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

VA isn't too bad either. Close to Summit, VIR, BeaveRun, Mid-Ohio, NJMP. Road A, RRR are a reasonable drive too.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Greenville area / Upstate South Carolina.
    4 hours to VIR
    2 Hours to RA
    4 hours to lil Tally, half more to Barber
    4.5 to RRR
    3.5 to CMP

1.5 up to the blue ridge parkway
    10 minutes to Metalhead
    0 minutes to myself

1h to Charlotte (airport)
    2h to ATL (airport)
    pretty active regional airport (GSP)

nice lil City

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Mongo's house

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Both the WERA nationals and AMA nationals are currently eastern based. I love the weather in California, which is about the only reason, people stay here, especially with the high cost of housing and goofy politics.

I lived in Texas for 5 years 85-90 and loved it. When I had that job, I traveled all over and the Carolina's always seemed like a beautiful place I wouldn't mind settling down in. Texas has no state income tax, which is great, and it seems the politics are much better there than in California. I have a friend that recently moved to Tennessee from California and loves it.

I can't comment on the rest of the Southeast, other than to say, in general, people from the southern states are much more friendly than the rest of the country.....unless they say "Bless your heart".

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Newnan yo. :D

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Come on to Nashville, Shaun. I could use the entertainment!

Thanks very much r6boater

RoadracerX- haha and you think I am hard work on the internet, pffffff

19. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

:up:

south east for sure.
    Lots of racers around the Charlotte area as well. (past and present)

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Most important to me is simply the WERA races and location for export shipping of crashed bikes and parts