1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official cycle jam roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 26, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've always considered tuning flatslides to be similar to tuning two strokes. A lot of factual information but the guys who did it right were more artists.

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Probably not this year...VIR in Sept with CCS is a possibility.

The BP Performance 565's represented pretty well. Ben won on Sat and was able to give Xavier a great race on Sunday taking the win by a smidge. I did OK in my first 2 expert races in over a decade with a podium on Sunday.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Dang, if you gave Xavier a run for his money not sure I would be much of a challenge.

4. Dave_SV

Awesome, see you out there! I saw Xavier turned a :36.9 on the superbike during the F2 race, like I said before unreal...

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The kid is unreal. He said he had more in him but got held up in a few spots. He rode the entire weekend on shagged tires. Who knows what he would have done on new tires and a clear track...

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The 2 foot flames off throttle are awesome!

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

i never saw him, just because he was so faaaaast :beer: maybe once in training on friday...

does he have a youtube channel? i'd like to learn...

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Not me...Ben Probst on the test mule 565. I ran 43s with probably another couple of seconds in me if I had a rabbit running 41s. That's all I got though...those guys were in the 36-37 and were distant specs on the horizon.

9. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

It was good to see a lot of friends and meet some new ones :D Had a good time this weekend!

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Thanks for all the help this weekend, I owe you many beers as well. :up:

Good job in that LWT race Sunday.

11. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Was happy to help out, Kurt. That was a fun race Sunday:D

12. Dave_SV

Thanks for the help in the paddock, nothing like trying to troubleshoot an electrical issue in full gear after third call for your race!

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Met Metal Heads wife and she is HOT!

14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Pics or it didnt happen.

15. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

:)

I think I still win for laps on a front tire. I should have practiced Sunday, would have been over 200.

16. :wow:

I tried that once. Ended up in ICU!

17. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

There is a science to the art of tuning a 2 stroke but the best starting point is to ignore anyone giving advice that has never successfully tuned one. :up: :D

18. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Glad you able to get back out there later :up:

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Greg was "mister fixit" for half the people in the paddock, seems like. Every time I looked around he was working on a different bike.

20. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Yup, I was one of of his victims as well. Thanks for your help Greg, oh and thanks for use of your grill as well. I ended up swapping out the entire brake system from Karl's bike and got to turn some decent (for me) laps. I think for once I may actually have a decent race bike now. Cant wait for Barber......