1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official cycle jam roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 26, 2014.

1. ttam

ttam Member

And thanks again Doug for the clip-on. Hopefully it was a square deal. Running up and down the entire length of the pit in full leathers was murder! I really wanted to make the E SS race.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I saw that knee last night. Looked like a frickin softball under the skin. Effin nasty. Coming back in September?

3. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

MH - Great battling with you in ESS! Lisa was right behind you as well trying to join the fight. Those fast guys are missing out on all the action us guys in the back are having :D

4. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Metal head (aka. Ritchie) you are the MAN! Thank you so much for the ESS purse money! I couldn't hang with Joshua and Draik but tried my best....on the 250.

Peter

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

First win! great battles!

thanks for the late night signage of the orange shirt to all ya guys out there. the dog is sleeping the whole day, she had a blast too!

did my own yoga.

i'ma switch to slicks and a 5.5 rear wheel.

bike went out in turn 6 in the last lap of lwt SB, while in the lead. good long day.

ritchie, i got ya breakers and the hookup, it flashed though while i took it out. someone put a bare ground wire in and the screwdriver touched it while i unscrewed ya breaker.

i brought home some beer.

the wife said her ears were ringing. that's weird, 'cuz i can't hear my tinnitus

turned on the bike again and the dash is flickering seems like an electrical problem.

won't unload the trailer tonight.

looking forward to barber....

late arriving phans also came in and brought their own shirts!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  6. sowega

sowega #710

Yuengling lager, please.

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It was damn fun wasn't it. I was jacked up about being able to race with someone. I figured my little stock CBR would get clobbered by everyone.

I will say this though...I was bored as SHIT on the back straight. I think I may have fallen asleep a couple of times while waiting to get to 10a. lol.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dirt Nap, I love the paint scheme.

The teasing going on in here is great, whether it is Yoga, or cellulite based. Metalhead where did you finish?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Which Fun Finder is yours? Wanted to get my wife to look at the 330 but never did.

I owe you two beers. :beer:

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Mine is the 276, it was parked next to the 330. The 276 fits us perfect for racing and doubles as a good vacation rig. We prolly have 20k miles on ours since first of 2012.

The 330 is much bigger. 10' garage, ours is 9'. Shoulda stopped by and checked them out.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you get him trained on flat slides?

13. slimjim00

I have a 2nd place trophy sitting on the counter, whatcha got?:D

(And for those that don't know, my 2nd was only a participation trophy for not crashing)

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

This was my first time at Road Atlanta and I can say with certainty it's the toughest track I've ever ridden on. I'm looking forward to coming back in September and getting more track time. Unfortunately, a nagging hand injury cut my weekend short. Some kid from NYC was more than happy to jump on my bike and show me how it's done. Good job Xavier Zayat!

15. slimjim00

Dammit dude, sorry to hear you didn't get to run ESS. Coming to any future SE rounds?

16. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Wish I could have mixed it up some on the track with you Mike but I had a mechanical at the start of the F2 race and we couldn't hang around for the LWTSB race on Sunday. Hopefully we will see you at VIR in August :beer:

Xavier is unnatural, looking forward to seeing what he can do on the bigger bikes next year!

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave for posting your Road Atlanta video from last years Cycle Jam. Between Forza 4 and your video it really helped me since I'm a slooowwww track learner and had never been to RA. Was looking forward to racing you so hopefully next time! Last years top 5 were all missing from F2 :(

Was a great time for this WERA newbie and an awesome track, thanks to all.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  18. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Yeah man I was really looking forward to seeing how the 565 stacked up! Glad my video was helpful :)

Are you running any other WERA rounds? We will be at VIR in August so hopefully we will see you there.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

We came by a couple of times but I heard that the owner had gone down and been injured and was at the hospital or something. Hope he heals up quick. With all the crap we bring bigger is definitely better for us.

Huey, Rick and several other people helped me a ton this weekend, owe them all some beer. I have never used flat slides before so I did what people did before the Internet, I started talking to folks in the know to gather as much knowledge as possible. I think we had it pretty dang close and I was looking forward to the D-SB race to put it to the test but I had to leave to work a show before the race started as everything was running late. It was horrible in the V5 race, like a two stroke of old with zero below 8k and redline at 10.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You were ripping out there Dave! Sorry about the mechanical. I'll be at VIR for sure. Ya. X is ok I guess.....:D