1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 250. What classes?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttam, May 13, 2014.

1. ttam

ttam Member

I raced my 08 Ninja 250 at Grattan in the E SS and Clubman classes. I was wondering what other classes I could race so I can get more track time and be on track with more than one other guy. Lol.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

D Superstock is your "up" class. These bikes have also (perhaps illegally) raced in V5 based on being half of an EX500 which is a legal V5 bike.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It made more sense (from a vintage perspective) when we were all racing the older generation ex250 which had 16" tires.

4. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Like Kurt and Joe said. Saturday V5, Sunday ESS, DSS and Clubman.

5. ttam

ttam Member

Thank you.

6. M Aderholdt

M Aderholdt Active Member

Agree with Kurt, bring a first generation ex250 for a vintage race....

7. ttam

ttam Member

Are there any races I can enter in the National series? The breakdown of the classes is a little confusing to me. Not sure if I can do Formula 2 and if Clubman is considered a "bump up". I want to get my money's worth at each round. :)

8. Red Fox Racing

There are no classes that the 250 fits into on a National day. Sean might let you race F2 (doubt it but you can ask) but not a good choice with the 250.

9. ttam

ttam Member

Gotcha. Thank you.

10. ttam

ttam Member

There aren't as many classes I can enter as I thought. E SS, Clubman, and D SS it is then. Thanks again.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yep you're right. But they're all fun as hell. I'll be doing them at RA.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If the grids are good, three races will wear your ass out. :up:

13. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It wears me out.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Our job consists of all the stress and none of the fun. :Poke:

15. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Hey Matt, I'm that one other guy who's been racing with you. Lately I've been running ESS, Clubman, and DSS. Sometimes I even finish a DSS race :) I also am starting to run LW Solo on non-national weekends for the extra seat time. Generally speaking we usually have bigger ESS and Clubman grids in the south. Occasionally we'll have enough ESS riders to have our own race.

I'm def running ESS at Road Atlanta, collar bone be damned. Not sure about clubman or DSS as I'm still wary of coming together with a faster rider again. See ya there!

16. noliver90

noliver90 Well-Known Member

I will be riding my 250 at cycle jam as well any of you other 250 riders going to enter anything Sunday?

17. Red Fox Racing

ttam, don't forget about V5 on Friday, it usually is a warm up race for ESS, the next day. Also let's you practice on Friday for a race entry. We will be there with the 250 and 500.

18. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

It's on at Road A! I'm coming back from my newlywed hiatus and ready to get back on the grid.

Kurt, you running ESS? This big "secret" bike isn't going to replace the 250 is it?

Going to run ESS, Clubman, and DSS.

19. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Stupid question but are there any thumpers that could qualify to run in the 250 classes?

20. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

FTRB
    200-250cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles

I thought that the Blast was allowed, guess not.