1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyday boots.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 9, 2014.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Keen are some of the best/comfortable boots/shoes made. Thats what i wear for work. And they have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. :up:

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

3. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Vasque are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. I wore one pair in the barn for a year and then cleaned them up and are now I'm using them for everyday.

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Another Red Wing fan here. I have had several pairs, both work and casual and they are great. A little pricey, but the service and warranty are great. Some of the boots are made overseas now though, so look closely...if that matters to you.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nice Justins! (My Caterpillar steeltoes are made by Wolverine in fact.) My rigging partner bought Redwings one tour season and quickly went back to Justins. Not impressed and they don't make what I'm looking for anyway.

PS:So far Vasque and Keen look like the business thanks everyone.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

I've worn just about everything and destroyed all of them. Redwings is my choice every time. Wolverine is the next best and much less expensive.

Day in day out, Redwings. Their customer service and warranty is top notch. You can also take them in and have them cleaned, oiled, and waterproofed for free, forever.

Rocky, Justin, Carolina, Doc Martens, Chippewa, Timberland.......Meh

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Merrill is the same company too. I keep getting Ventilators of some sort for non gymshoe summer wear.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I just bought a pair of Carolina's for work boots, love the looks but damn they're big n heavy. :(

Those Vasque Talus look like a nice hiking boot.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Make sure you toggle through their thumbnails to see if they'll match the shade of jeans you prefer wearing. :D

12. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Three colors too choose from: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/12464M/0/Mens/Moab-Mid-GORE-TEX

I have had about eight pair of the Moab's in both high and low since I discovered them in '08. Just bought a new pair of the low (Beluga color) last weekend for $109. Use them mainly for walking and they are great!

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lifetime lace replacement also.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I got grey. Like my outlook on life. Like my soul and what hair I have left.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Have you looked at anything Danner has to offer?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Too late. This time next week I'll be kicking hippies with my new Keens.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

With my size, weight and EEE foot, and work, I tend to destroy a boot in about 3 to 4 months regardless of purchase price from $40 Walmart to $200 Timberland.

I have used Rocky, Columbia, Danner, Wolverine, Timberland, Merriel, Vasque, and a ton of others as well as house brands from various vendors, like Red head, Bronco, etc.

Waterproof is a MUST for me, and if you want true waterproof, you have to go with all leather and no mesh IMO. the mesh may work short term, but if you are in the muck all day, your feet get wet eventually.

I have had good luck with durability with the Rockies and Columbia brand, but that even varies with particular shoes before I bust the seams with wide feet, even buying wide shoes.

I will have to say the Merrells were the most comfortable right out of the box, but their waterproofing does not hold up. Water resistant is more appropriate. Currently I have Vasque, They are all leather and waterproof, but I had to throw in an insole for comfort.

19. KBacon

KBacon Well-Known Member

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/30888M

I bought a pair very similar to these for a hunting trip up in Alaska a few years ago ('12) and they performed very well for all of that.. stayed dry until water got over my ankles... and have been my fall-spring boots ever since!!! Very comfortable & bab held up very well... I think I paid right around $150 for them!!!

20. KBacon

KBacon Well-Known Member

I had a pair of Rocky Cornstalkers several years back that were pretty comfortable... but the soles crumbled away... literally disintegrated!!! Called up customer service... as they were just barely over a year old... barely worn (for one hunting season... while hunting only)... and was told I was SOL!!! Will NEVER purchase their Chinese POS boots again!!!

I have worn Danner Pronghorns, Irish Setters (RedWing's retail brand), Merrells, & other Danners ever since... very happy will all of them!!! My Pronghorns are my main goto hunting boot and were purchased in '04 & are still going strong!!!

I use "snow seal" on all of them with great results!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2014