1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Apr 15, 2014.

1. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Well that was fun lol shit weekend turned great.

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I give you the best-dressed Kawasaki award. I really like the way you did your bike.
    [​IMG]

3. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Any word on the guy that crashed and got hurt in turn 3?

I only heard about it by txt message after I got home last night. Hope he's o.k.

On a lighter note, I've been running on the treadmill this winter to get ready for the first race of the year. So I completely overlooked my triceps and core and got my butt whipped physically in the first race weekend of the year, just like every other year. I need a more mc specific training plan.

I've got video of the F2 race, with one or two minutes of interest in it. Plan to load this week.

Richard

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

James (from this thread) went down, don't know if that was him or not. He is evidently a little dinged up but ok.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  5. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I think Jim is going to be OK. I believe he rang his bell pretty good . He's in good hands though, he came with Doug Henry from Royale Racing. Doug will take good care of him.:beer:

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It was a great time this weekend running Grattan backwards with the WERA peeps. Even though the weather was cooler and the conditions were a bit sketchy with the moisture it was still an awesome weekend. We basically had CCS corner down in our area with the TSE crew, the Ortega bus, TSR was strongly represented and Super Carl was out in full force. My results were good and it was not easy. The Lighweight boys don't play around and are all very good riders. Eric Cell had my number in F2 yesterday, Robbie was charging hard in LWSB but after the red flag I was ahead of him. I ended up with 2 1st place finishes and a 2nd place behind Eric. Good times everyone. Does anyone have a status on the rider that was transported later in the day?

7. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

thanks!! i can't take all the credit though, its the 2012 WSS scheme for them (as close as he was able to get it)

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Great weekend by WERA, even with the sketchy weather and semi-green track Sunday.

Thank you to the corner workers as well. I don't know many other tracks where they come and hang out with the racers after the day is done. They do a great job.

9. grasshopper

Looks like you got the jiggy figured out. You looked smooth as glass on that thing. Nice riding my friend. Those brand new leathers look way too nice. Did you end up rolling around on the ground yet so the gravity monster doesn't get you?

10. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

I think that was me who ate it in turn three. Got ass packed by a faster rider and took a digger. Broken collar bone and concussion, don't really remember much from this weekend but I was told I had a good time. :)

Hope the guy who hit me is ok as well.

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Glad you are ok I was right behind the incident. Did not look pretty, hope to see you back out there when you are ready. The other guy just beat up a little. Awesome LWT racing this weekend, glad the season has started. Lets ride!

12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

The other guy was fine, although his bike was a bit beat up.

I helped pick up the down bike so I was up there while the paramedics (two gals) were looking at you. Once they had initially assessed you, they agreed to help you stand up so your leathers would not need to be cut off. You were asking the same questions over and over, but it seemed like you still had your sense of humor because you asked her "What if I'm freeballing?" They both got a laugh out of that and one said she'd seen that before.

Good luck healing up.

13. grasshopper

My wife a few other people witnessed the whole crash. They said it was nasty. I'm glad everyone is generally ok.

14. slimjim00

Crash was entirely my fault, my apologies to the guy who hit me. If anyone knows him please let know I'm sorry, I f'd up.

15. ped

ped Banned

on the way home I passed like two dozen michgian state cops in the middle of nowhere and people on the roadside in fetal position weeping. Found out later it was a domestic disturbance and the guy had a long rifle on him.....cops lit him up with like a 1000 rounds in a corn field

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks Nick. I rolled around on the ground twice - once to break the initial curse and then a second time, since someone in our pits wanted to record it.

The looks from people passing by was rather entertaining.

17. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

How the hell are you getting home?

18. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

I had a great time out there! Ended up with a 1st, a 4th, and a 5th. Much better than my last time running Grattan backwards where I got lapped twice in a sprint race lol.

Glad to hear from you Slimjim. We were a little worried when we saw you laying there a while not moving. Hope you heal up quick!

19. slimjim00

My dad flew to Michigan this morning, we're driving to Georgia now so I can have the collar bone evaluated in the morning.

20. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

You did have a good time. Please take note of how well your van was packed up. :crackup:
    Glad your injuries are relatively minor. Get back out there soon.
    Scotty, Bonnie, Kramer and Sheldon. :up: