1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 Idle Issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jeffr1ey, Apr 19, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

I just purchased this bike (2010 R6) a couple months back, and can't seem to get the bike to idle. It runs fine once it is on the track, but won't idle cold or even warm.

It is setup with a Bazzaz with 2 maps; (1) 100 and (2) MR-12. I tried running it today with the MR-12 map and 100 gas. It seemed fine until I switched it to the proper map. Now I can't seem to get it to idle with either.

I also tried unplugging the Bazzaz, but it wouldn't even start for obvious reasons.

Any suggestions/ideas on how or what I need to do to get the bike to idle? I hate having to rev the piss out of it just to keep it going till i'm on the track :down:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Hold the start button in longer.

3. jeffr1ey

well i just fired it up with the other map, and it seems fine. maybe i just have them switched. we'll see how it runs on the track with that map.

thanks for the input.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

seriously, don't dismiss the seriousness of simply holding the start button longer.. seriously :)

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Seriously??? ;)

6. jeffr1ey

I'm really trying to debate whether or not you guys are fucking with me lol.

I'll get it sorted out otherwise I'll take it up to Rm racing!

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No they aren't. I learned about it here and it works.

8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

seriously, they are not. I use this trick starting mine everytime

9. jeffr1ey

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I guess some of us are real dummies here...

11. MELK-MAN

i bet a guy $5 i could make his r6 start and idle just fine. They had been swapping parts most of the morning.. Just held the button longer. ( i didn't take the fiver). RM was the first to mention it to me a few years back.

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Same here...Rick s not as dumb as he looks...:Poke:

13. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

yep, hold the starter button a second or two longer, problem solved. don't know why, but it works.

14. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

as somebody who typically likes to know the "why" behind the solution, can anybody expound upon this one?

15. MELK-MAN

nope.. seriously...

16. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

17. jeffr1ey

well this explains it. cause i also have a ballistic battery. i'll try it today and see.

i don't think any of you guys are dummies either, i wouldn't ask the question here if i had that impression.

i have only heard good things about RM Racing, especially on the R6. thanks again.

18. MELK-MAN

you wanna see 14vt at the battery terminals holding 5000 rpm. I have been using ballistic batteries for almost 4 years. no issues. but the r6 needs 14vts.