1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 Gsxr 600 No start

Discussion in 'Tech' started by crazywolf450r, Apr 2, 2014.

1. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Ive got a bike that will crank, turn over, but never attempt to fire. Fuel pump primes, spark plugs look good. Where do I go from here? All known fuses look good. I dont have any gsxr experience. Any help would be much appreciated! :beer:

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Air, spark, fuel. Confirm all three arriving where they are supposed to. Plugs look good, are they sparking? Is there fuel in the intake port? FI codes? Basics first.

3. Pilotx1

Pilotx1 Well-Known Member

was it running before and after doing something it wont start? like engine taken out etc?

4. crazywolf450r

Confirmed spark at plugs. No engine codes after putting bike in diagnostic mode.

The bike was ridden about 2 years ago, then parked (the story i was told).

Update. Ive gotten combustion with ether sprayed through throttle bodies.

5. crazywolf450r

With airbox removed and attempting to start (tank connected, fuel pressure verified) the none of the injectors are spraying while motor is turning over. Is there a fuse or relay I need to look for?

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Battery? Mine did the same one time, I changed batterys and problem fixed

7. crazywolf450r

update... pulled injectors, appear to be firing fine now. Reassembled.

Bike will 'fire' but will not run on its own. :-(

8. crazywolf450r

Known good Shorai battery.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Tip-over sensor in the back of the tail section?

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Weird quirk but mine did this when I set the idle too high. Either it wouldn't start or it wouldn't stay running. Happened several times before I figured it out.
    You can also check the TPS setting just throwing that one out there.

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

sat for two years? is it possible that with the ethanol gas that the injectors are gunged up? Sounds like you may not be getting enough spray thru the injectors for it to run properly.

Also, may wanna pull the fuel pump out and look at the filter that is in the pump. I had a gixxer that "sat" for a couple of years, and wouldnt run worth a damn. Did everything RM said to do as stated above, thought it might be clogged injectors. Pulled the pump out first and seen it was clogged with rust and wouldnt allow enough fuel TO the injectors for it to run right.

12. Pilotx1

Pilotx1 Well-Known Member

are the primary and secondary injectors plugged in backwards?

13. crazywolf450r

Fixed...

Funny what a difference new plugs make.... lol

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Awesome!