1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona points

Discussion in 'General' started by TWF2, Mar 16, 2014.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What you guys think of points for this race? You can crash out of the race and still have more points than somebody finishing race in top 5.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

What...??? No, AMA Superbike pays out points from 1st - 20th . Ranging from 30 points for first , down to 1 point for 20th . The only extra points paid are 1 point for pole position and 1 point paid for most laps lead .
    If a rider had pole and most laps lead he would have 2 points . If he DNF he could have more points than 20th place and would tie in points with the person that finished 19th . 5 th place pays 16 points .

3. SteveW414

SteveW414 Well-Known Member

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

In the DSB class qualifying paid race points, but I still don't see how a 4th and 31st tallies up to 5th place points...unless I am not understanding something here????

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah, the DSB points look pretty messed up.

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I see you might be referring to the DSB 200 race . Where they pay out points for for qualifying , using the same scale as the Superbike finishing order and also finishing position points as per AMA notice # 2014 -04
    I may have to stand corrected.

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

8. backcountryme

Yeah the points standing seems way messed up

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

It is messed up there are a bunch of people with 19 points!

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The 4 riders with 19 points are correct :p

6-13
    7-12
    10-9
    11-8

They would have finished right ahead of #40 with 18 points...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? No way last I checked their points structure. Who are you talking about in what class?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So they're awarding qualifying for the 200 full race points? Seriously?

13. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

14. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Gerloff qualified 2 and finished 5th

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The points for the first 4 places are correct...after that they go all kittywampus!

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

2014-05 is on their website http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/AMAP-RR-2014-Comp-Bulletin-2014-05.pdf
    I can't see anything that states that points are awarded for qualifying.

17. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't like that myself. I get putting some weight into qualifying but that's too much.

19. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

From the bulletin...

The 2014 DAYTONA 200 event, scheduled for March 13 – 15, 2014, will provide two points-paying
    opportunities for GoPro Daytona SportBike competitors. At the conclusion of final qualifying, the rider on
    pole position will be awarded the prestigious Rolex Cosmograph Daytona, and the top 20 qualifiers will earn
    championship points for their final grid positions using the championship point scale defined in the AMA
    Pro Road Racing rulebook. The points earned in qualifying will be in addition to those awarded for their final
    race position in the 73rd running of the DAYTONA 200.

20. backcountryme

Yeah, that is a little messed up. I know that Disalvo and Wetby raced their asses off, but for them to still be that high in the points after crashing out is a bit of an f'you to the guys that finished the race.