1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by TexassKen, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TexassKen

TexassKen Member

From what I have heard I do not need to do the WERA race school because I did the Star School. My question is, that was done in 2012. Is it still good now?

2. Rusty848

Rusty848 Well-Known Member

Between Racing school and racing can't exceed more than 12 months.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

A few track day orgs would offer the race school for free if you paid for their track day on the Friday prior to a race weekend.

Apex2apex is the one I did this with. I would find out if others also offer that. It's more about learning the flags than anything else. Especially if you've got the STAR school under your belt...

4. TexassKen

TexassKen Member

Crap. Thanks
    I'm looking forward to my first race. Just wish I had a track closer

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You can do the Wera school and race in the same weekend.

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'd be willing to bet that if you've done a trackday or two since your school, that WERA would consider it. Email them and ask. [email protected]

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What Tuna said - email me and let me know what you've done on track since the school and we'll look at it.

8. TexassKen

TexassKen Member

I did a track day in Nov down in new orleans.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Did you win it?
    J/K…..good luck and welcome:up:

10. TexassKen

TexassKen Member

Sure did! Beat the crap out of.... wait I can't back that up. Lol

11. ttam

ttam Member

I'll be going down to Roebling with Tuna in less than two weeks. I'm excited! It'll be my first race. I too had done a race school (Team Chicago), but there was some time between it and this race. I was told I can sit in on the classroom portion and it'd be discounted. I'd like to think you'd get something similar :). Good luck!