1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

predrilled bolt kits

Discussion in 'Tech' started by randy955i, Jan 31, 2014.

1. randy955i

randy955i Well-Known Member

ok no flaming, yes I am lazy I said it.

I would just as soon spend the money and buy a complete kit of pre-drilled bolts to wire my bike to meet WERA specs. Mainly the 4 axle pinch bolts, the 4 caliper bolts, and Oil drain bolt. I already have the front and rear axle's done and the oil filter done. Are there kits for standard bikes, I am guessing the SV650 and all the 4 major Jap 600's would be worth the effort. I know I can go buy the bolts individually on McMaster's and I am fine with that, just wondered if some site carried kits.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Probolt has them. The bolts are sold by size not by bike model.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Probolt is the only company I know that specifically sells pre drilled bolts in numerous sizes. $$ but very worth it.

4. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Yep, Pro Bolt. Worth every penny not to have to drill em myself.
    You'll need to know sizes you need. You name it though, they more than likely have what you need....

5. randy955i

ok, guess I will be reading fiche to see all the necessary bolts I need. Thanks

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Lazy bastards lol

7. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Heads up..... on my Pro-Bolts for the botttom of the fork legs had a shroud on them and wouldn't work....I had to have them machined down to OEM size. But are def a lot easier to feed wire through than drilled.

06 gsxr 600

8. some guy #2

^Do you mean the flange on the bolt head?

I have the ones recommended fromt he pro-bolt website for my 06 GSXR 600 front end and didn't have a fitment issue.

9. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Same here my 08 750 ones fit just fine, send them back they have great customer service.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I wired my '12 GSXR 600 today...WITH (1) BIT!!!...and that's no SHIT!!!

Couldn't believe it. Old Milwaukee 5/64". I bought 5 packs of (2) knowing damn well I'd have to go get more.

I drilled (2) holes per caliper bolt straight thru. All (4) pinch bolts straight thru.
    Front axle nut and axle, straight thru. Rear axle nut and axle, straight thru.
    Oil plug. Oil filler cap and clutch cover bolt. Radiator cap.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

:crackup:

I use the same bits. "Milwaukee" brand bought at Home Depot for 1.99 or something per two pack. They hold up great.

12. gapman789

Old milwaukee.:crackup:

Flashback to my old drinkin' days.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

14. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

it would be so awesome if someone would create a list of bolt needed, for us lazy folks that dont want to search for the answers.

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Time is money for some, so with that being said what would be willing to pay for an actual oem pre drilled bolt kit.

Thought about doing this at one time, never went through with it. I figured people would complain about the high cost of buying make/model specific pre drilled bolt kits and wouldn't be interested.

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I did my 07 GSXR in about 20 min by hand. Including the header bolts.

It is pretty damn easy folks.
    Unscrew said, bolt, hold it it one hand, drill in the other, press the two together and screw it back in.

BUT, I do WORK for a living and use tools on a daily basis. No desk jockey here.:p

17. randy955i

actually maybe we can all help each other. for example I have to research my 2006 SV1000. I will make a list
    6 x 15 X 1.0

6=size
    15=mm length
    1.0 = pitch

I will do that for all the bolts I need. Now I am still going to buy the bolts predrilled. But I am guessing a certain size will probably be repetitive. So maybe the caliper bolts, and pinch bolts are all the same size etc.

Anyway if other bike owners want to send me their make, model year, and bolt list I will attempt some sort of small MYSQL database, where you type in your make, model and year and it spits out a list of each bolts location and size.

18. gapman789

This is another reason why I buy bags of misc. GSXR hardware on ebay, constantly.
    I have enough OEM Suzuki nuts/bolts/brackets to build 10 bikes.

19. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

If you did your gsxr In 20 min you missed something.

Did you get the 10mm bolt on the left side of the cylinder head next to the voltage regulator.

Drilling a bolt while holding it is really bad advice, not to mention dangerous a all get out.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  20. some guy #2

I've drilled plenty of bolts by hand so it's not impressive even if you only use 1 drill bit. What I like about the Probolt pieces is they are SS and a hell of a lot harder to round off that the butter grade bolts OEM Suzuki uses. Since they are drilled on all the faces I don't have to remember which bolt goes where trying to line up the clips I use.