1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Taser is mentioned in one of those articles. In fact, my wife's taser has a built in camera that activates when it's deployed and records the incident.

Anyone know what TASER stands for (without looking it up)?

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Son it takes a heck of a lot more than some interweb smack talk to puncture my epidermis.

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Daddy! Where have you been? You said you were just going out to get cigarettes...like 50 years ago! I can't belive you left me and mom and your illegitimate kids like that! Just how old are you gramps?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tom A Swifts Electric Rifle? Not sure on the first name but it obviously is a T.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes: Jack Cover, a NASA researcher, began developing the Taser in 1969.[9] By 1974, Cover had completed the device, which he named after his childhood hero Tom Swift ("Thomas A. Swift's electric rifle").[10]

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What kind of return did you get on the stock?

7. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Your Momma was an ugly woman and I never smoked. You I just figured was doomed from the start and not worth the effort. It was a mercy killing. And as far as them illegitimates were concerned I'm still not so sure they were mine given the complexion differences and all.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would bet that you are right. Just look at motive only. If someone gets stopped for committing an infraction of the law who has the possibility of maybe getting a "little bit of a payoff" if someone complains? The person being stopped by the police that's who. The cop has no possibility of a monetary gain so why would he have to be controlled through the use of a camera?

Those cameras might be keeping a few officers under control but it's keeping opportunistic lawbreakers under control even more.

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

One concern I have about a cop having a camera, is that it restricts the cops ability for discretion.

A good friend is a NJ State Trooper, he was on that tv, "Real Stories of the Highway Patrol" back in the 90's. He would be forced to make arrests for things that he wouldn't normally bother with simple because the cameras were there.

Now, apply that to each and every cop having their individual cameras reviewed by their bosses. "Why didn't you arrest for this?" "Why didn't you arrest for that?" In the desire to perform well, will this lead to arrests for things that they normally wouldn't? Taking away the individuals ability to apply discretion.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Are you still fat and did you ever get your acne problem under control?....and that smell, have you bathed yet? Did you ever get a job or are you still doing that welfare scheme thing? I know, so many questions, so little time. At any rate, once you left, the beating stopped, the cops didn't come visit anymore and nobody had to worry about what time you were going to come home....drunk....again....

It was interesting catching up. Let us know when you get out of prison.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

The person who got beat maybe? Have you ever heard of google and youtube. Do a little looking around :D. I'm going to shut up now before Mongo comes around and gives me a smack down. That sumbitch don't wear no camera....:crackup:

12. Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker Well-Known Member

No shit, what- people don't actually think that for every 8-10 good cops there are 1-3 bad cops looking for any excuse to abuse the power of the position they are in. Fuck they are just like politicians except they are paid less and have more opportunity for physical assaults to take out their fustrations to take out on the public who supposedly they are sworn to protect and serve, yeah right.

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I don't think there's near that high of a percentage but even if it's 2-3 percent, and those assholes are out there, it's good to keep an eye on them...

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not necessarily a bad thing.
    More equal treatment under the law, and maybe more scrutiny of the laws we have.
    Enforce all laws 100% of the time, and it may become apparent we are drowning in unnecessary laws.
    Could cut down on "professional courtesy" also.

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Man you really are vested in this one aren't you? Let me guess, vintage guy? Proud to have lasted this long in spite of questionable genetics? I mean you are a ripe old 50 something?

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that but the process has already began. I kind of feel for cops because arresting people is a competition now. If you are not arresting lots of people and making money for the state/county then it is probably looked at as not being a good cop. Its already out of control with arresting people for minimal crimes that don't really matter or hurt anybody. Its funny working with so many yacht crew from all around the world and they "laugh/are terrified" when we are back in the U.S. because getting arrested here doesn't take much. This country is going to turn into a tech police state sooner than later. Some more stocks I'm looking at now are domestic drone and biotech companies. Next comes facial and eye recognition when you go into public places. Welcome to the future of the land of the free! If you want to find me I'll be in the Bahamas relaxing! ! :beer:

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Dude! We'll be back in the Bahamas in May. Runing across the Grand Bank, up the east side of the Berrys then up through the Abacos. Where you going to be then?....oh ya, FTP:D

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'll be based in Nassau and mostly the Exumas. I'm working on a charter yacht so maybe Harbor island and some Abacos trips. We should meet up and have a rum drink! I'm in FL now but head back on Sunday. Been riding my 848 everyday trying to control myself and not get a ticket or stern lecture before I'm back where the cops don't really give a shit what you do!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sensing some unresolved daddy issues. :D

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Good Ol Pops is alive and well up in the great white north. At ease ;).....