1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF Family Guy?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 25, 2013.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That show was good for about five episodes when it was new,then got repetitive.

2. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I didn't see the episode last night, but I couldn't believe it when my buddy at work told me what happened....they should have just gone ahead and killed Meg instead.

And I agree about the Futurama episode with Fry's dog...:(.....For a damn cartoon, that one really got me.

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Thats how I felt. Really stupid to ise the same joke structure over and over and over and over.... Kind of like how stale the Simpsons got.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I love Family Guy

5. The governor is back too!

6. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

I lost it when I first saw that episode…and that was when my dog was still alive. :( I can't even think about it now.

7. ped

ped Banned

folks, there's no way to get a titanium capacitor

8. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Nope.

Wonder what happens to Brian's Prius??? :p

9. Repo Man

FAIL!!!! :Poke: :p

10. Repo Man

And the musicals are *epic*... :bow:

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I like Family Guy, also like American Dad, but I love Futurama.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Seth MacFarlane has acknowledged it's past its prime. He made some generic statement about animated shows having an 8-season lifespan at most. I think Family Guy was in its 6th or 7th year at that point, and he acknowledged that part of the reason they were continuing was out of obligation to the writing staff.

It's got to be a weird position for someone like Seth MacFarlane (who i'm sure is financially secure at this point) to balance his own priorities for the show with the weight of basically firing a writing and production staff when he decides the show is over.

Killing off Brian just gives Seth less voice work to do, and frees up his time for the other shows he's involved with. Or maybe it's a calculated move to start ending the show.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's the problem. His other shows completely suck balls.

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Considering that he does the voices for Peter, Stewie, Quagmire, and a lot of other ancillary characters, I highly doubt his voicework schedule was the issue.

I see the killing off of Brian as simply an effort to drum up a lot of interest in a show that has yet again started to wain heavily over the last few seasons, just as it did before the first time it was cancelled.

16. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

RIP Brian, the only liberal on Fox

The bar's been raised about three notches.

Archer has blown e'rrythang out the water. Fox show too.....

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Well there you go. He's back. Now everyone can stop being sad about a cartoon

Now I'm going back to watching National Lampoons Christmas. Where they just fried a cat. Not that you dog lovers would care :)

19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Not much longer until it returns :beer:

20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:stupid: