1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front stands

Discussion in 'General' started by iagsxr, Nov 10, 2013.

1. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I've never had a front stand. Always put my bikes on the lift backwards with the rear wheel in the chock and jack up on the frame/engine. For whatever reason I now think want a front stand for when my lift's tied up.

Looking at the Pit Bull Hybrid Dual Lift stands. Why would you ever want to lift off the fork tubes if you can go to the bottom triple? Can you get them in and out without scratching the fender/fairing?

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Your post seems a little confusing but if you are asking if you can raise it from the triple trees without scratching the front fairing, yes. I have the one that you can only lift from the triples and I'm extremely happy with it.

3. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

The Dual Lift will do either, lift off the triple or the fork tubes.

Just wondering if there's something I'm not thinking about. Don't know why I'd ever lift off the tubes if could go to the triple.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The reason people use the one underneath the forks instead of under the triple tree, is that it is a lot easier to put the stand one and off, and also easier to remove the front axle.

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Fork lifts can be convienent for simple things like tire changes, warmers, air pressure checks. I use both fork lift ones and ones that lift by the triples. Just use the fork lift at the track. for a racebike I wouldnt be concerned with scratching teh fender/fairing.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Under the triple is the only way to go.

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Mine is under the triple and works great 99% of the time.

BUT, I wish I had one that lifted from the forks for at the track. The fork stands are way easier than the triple stand. The triple stand is a two-handed affair (for me) and gets irritating during a trackday when the bike goes on and off the stands multiple times per day.

8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

under the forks for quick things at the track, tire changes, warmers, etc. Under the triple for maintenance type work, suspension removal, etc

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I use the Pit Bull Hybrid Front Lift stand, and find both "under the fork" and "under the triple" to be handy. For putting on tire warmers and setting pressure, I just throw the fork stand under the caliper mounts.

For taking off the wheel or forks, I use the "under the triple" adapter, which takes less than 30 seconds to convert.

When I store the bike, I always lift both wheels, to keep the tires off the floor. Just old habits.

It's really NOT a good idea to jack under the engine oil pan. You can create a crack that shows up in the middle of a race weekend. How many guys have an oil pan in their spares kit?

10. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Love my T Rex stands and they're inexpensive. The front stand came with both the under the triple tree and under the fork adapters. The back stand came with the under the swing arm paddles and the spool adapters.

11. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

The Woodcraft front stand is the BOMB!!! Simple, adjustable and requires almost zero effort to use.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    K.I.S.S.

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Im lazy, so at the track I use the forks to lift the front for warmers. Once at home its triple tree though.

15. :stupid:

There is a time for the Triple stand. I have one, and have multiple pins so i can use it for all the bikes. But for just getting the bike off the ground for warmers, tire changes, etc...the fork stand does the job and is quicker/easier.