1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies to choose....

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: What an idiot. Mladin never left the minor leagues and he's calling someone else a pussy? :D

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Short memories...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

me too!

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I liked it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but what did you expect from Mladin?

Maybe it's because I just saw "Rush" last week, but I can't help but think that Mladin helped push Ben to where he ended up.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No, not short memories.

He came over to the US and dominated a lower series, never once attempting to step (back) up and take the world on. He stayed in his comfort zone making big bucks being the big fish in a very tiny pond. he didn't want to take a pay cut and travel his family across the globe and fair play to that, but calling Spies a fucking pussy, in light of everything the kid has been through in the past two years is a bit hypocritical.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember that well, still not the same thing as really going to the majors. Or you can look at it as he was sent back down....

What's funny is I don't fault Mladin for his choices, never have. But he is still in no position to talk about Ben or Bens decisions.

9. Venom51

But to say he never went is disingenuous.

His opinion is just that...his opinion. I'm sure Ben could give 2 shits what the guy thinks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The Spies press release isn't really convincing that it is a permanent retirement. It almost sounds like a press release designed to satisfy a contractual obligation. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Hopkins after a year of recoup and rehab..

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Accurate or not, Mladin's quote, in two words, sums up the entire reason why I never once liked the guy. He simply has no class.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it isn't.

No shit.

13. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Perfect response. Anything else wouldn't be Mladin. He and Ben will probably both be laughing at all the attention it gets. :beer:

14. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

+1

Conistent, though. Not just a dick at the track.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

PC and Australian don't go together.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For most I know neither does being an asshole but Mladin is an exception. Maybe he spent too much time living here?

17. Venom51

Would seem the results from the 93 GP season disagree.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mladin has an attitude. For years, he has been criticized for that attitude and developed a fairly thick skin. I'm reasonably sure he doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He must've spent a lot of time driving around Ohio.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Running a season doesn't change what I said. Thanks for playing tho.