1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSR50 Race Bike 4 Sale

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Oct 14, 2013.

1. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I have decided to sell one of my beloved YSR50. This one is setup as a race bike so there are no street parts included. I tore the bike down and cleaned every part. The frame was powder coated black last year. Just received the motor back from Team Calamari for a complete rebuild. The entire motor is basically new, bill from TC was over $750. I have not put oil in the motor yet so it still needs break in. The pipe that goes with the bike is a Toomey Race Exhaust and it has a 24mm racing carb which TC built the motor for. The bodywork needs a little work if you want it to be perfect but it is good to go racing with. The lower is not pictured but I have it and it’s included. She has steel braided brake lines, and the dual fork spring upgrade. I also have a bunch of spare parts if the buyer needs anything we can work a deal on them as well.
    Asking $1600 for the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sweet ride!!

3. trispdtrip

Thanks! Buy it! :D

She also has a new chain, new sprockets, new brake pads, and probably some more stuff I'm missing.
    Below is a pictures of the complete bodywork BEFORE the rebuild.

[​IMG]

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Nice. I have one with an XR100 engine in it and a roller. I am going to be selling them up here in Canada too. Awesome little bikes, but at 6 foot it is a bit small for me. I am looking to get a CBR125 for racing the kart tracks here in Canada.

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I have that same issue. You should try a CRF150R. I'm 6-2 and cant fit on any of the other mini's but that 150 fits real well and is a friggen blast to ride.

Great looking YSR, GLWS

6. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Awesome! A clean ysr still gets me excited!
    If 'Fonzy' contacts you beware! If there's two things he loves in this world:
    1. replica paint jobs
    2. blowing up ysr's! :crackup:

7. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

So true!!!!! Me want

8. backcountryme

Not a replica paint job, but this is mine.
    Yxr100.
    [​IMG]

9. trispdtrip

awesome bike! How hard was the XR100 swap? I love these little YSR for some reason. I've had 5 over the years. Probably enough spares lying around to build another if I had a frame.
    I have another one I'm restoring right now for the street. Had the motor built by Team Calamari, Fox shock, fork brace, some other nice parts. Trying to decide what to do for paint.
    I had one a while back I was going to do the blaster motor in but got side tracked. I would like to do a 4 stroke one day.

10. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

Ive done a few of the xr100 swaps, they are fairly easy. The easiest swap is a 77-79 yz80 motor. you can even use the stock ysr stator and have lights. the pipe is the only modification you have to do, along with turning the front motor mounts up.

11. backcountryme

It was pretty easy actually. I built an aluminum carriage and a new rear engine mount. Took a couple of days. You do have to run an xr80 front sprocket to match the ysr rear. I love the tourqe of the 4 stroke. I have a calimari fork kit, ohlins rear shock, and Daytona fork brace. It is fun on a kart track.

12. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I hear you on being size-challenged bigcountry. Im a bit cramped on mine as well but I do love it.

trispdtrip if you dont mind, would you let us know what you end up getting for her if she sells? I dont plan on letting mine go anytime soon but I wonder about the value of them. Mine is a stock motor but it has just about every other trick piece possible (My bodywork is also the stock stuff so I feel that has to add some value despite the bumps and bruises :D).

I feel I got a great deal on it with all the spares I received but I dont know how to put a price tag on an obsolete, somewhat rare awesome little bike. :up:

13. backcountryme

I can tell you those wheels are worth almost $500. You can't get them anymore.

14. trispdtrip

Yeah, Jim those wheels are worth a pant load.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about when it comes to fitting on these little jewels. I'm 6'2" and about 230lbs and I fit perfect. :D
    Last time I raced this YSR my glove velcro kept getting stuck to my knee puck Velcro. Made for some interesting transitions. :wow:
    I have a TTR 125/150, two YSR50, and a pocket racebike. I don't know why I have such an infatuation with little torture machines but I do.

15. backcountryme

I broke my knee at in April and it doesn't bend as good as it used to now.

16. trispdtrip

Price drop

Any interest at $1300?