Can-am spyder

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Oct 14, 2013.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

they suck out of the box did one here the sport type with shifter. upgraded the shocks to penske and swaybar kit. pipe and a tune found it fun to ride but the active ecu brains limit the amount of fun you can have. If the inside wheel lifts it cuts power....

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Since the engine is a Rotax derived from the old v-twin RSV Mille, I wonder if you could build them up like a superbike.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Twad.....:crackup:

4. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

5. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

+1000

Look at the tires, that will tell you all you need to know.

6. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Kids say the damndest things :)

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Still requires a M endorsement here.

Rode a demo one when they came out. Had a "safety disclaimer" you had to scroll through each time you started it. Dunno if that was a demo thing or actual production "feature". Would be very annoying if you owned one and had to do that each time.

You should be able to disable traction/stability control. Not letting owners decide for themselves is dumb. Unfortunately most people are idiots and then try to sue when they hurt themselves.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, leave it to a bunch of racers to do everything possible to misuse a machine. Guys! it's not a racing machine. It's for people that have decided that riding a two wheeler is no longer something that they want to do all the time. Panther and I have a friend that's been riding a Spyder for three or so years but he's 84 years old and no longer wants to try to pick up a heavy bike when it falls over. Rather than give up riding with the wind in his face he now rides a three wheeler. He has an MP3 and a Vespa 300 that he rides around town but for longer trips he hops on the Spyder. :up:

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Who cares how fast they go?

Guys riding them look gheyer than Sowega in his Aviators driving a Pink Fiat 500 while straddling the shifter.

-something about the hunched body postiton on those ridiculous looking pieces of crap...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Ghey as funk

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd rather have a Fiat 500.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Narrow minded and dedicated to stayin' that way! :rolleyes:

13. I sat on one at a convention, and started "hanging off." One of the Can Am guys told me that it "wasn't meant to be ridden that way." LOL.

14. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

definitely are beyond retarded, worse than quads even. the T-rex (I think it is) would be my choice if I just had to have a tricycle. if it has more than two wheels, it should include a steering wheel.

15. Panther, wasn't it you that said that the Can AM allowed one of your older (I wanna say 80ish) friends to continue riding? In that case, big:up:.

16. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

I still say you guys have to make a class for them.

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

PJ Doran to the white courtesy phone, please...

18. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

+1. The T-rex is the ONLY 3 wheeler that I've seen go fast. Much lower center of gravity AND wider where it counts. I see those here too. Whole diff animal.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Someone has a hardon for these things.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Why hasn't anyone posted a pic of someone pushing the front while smoking the rear!