1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Hayes!

Discussion in 'General' started by styles, Sep 25, 2013.

1. styles

styles The untrained eye

My helmet thread got me thinking. Why'd you give up the Jolly Roger helmet design, dude?

If you haven't taken note, part of being successful on the world stage is having a kick-ass helmet. :D Look at Pedrosa's boring design. Runner-up for life. Rossi? Multiple titles. Remember when you repeatedly took it to Mladin in 2009? Remember his plain black helmet that year? Yup.

What would really be slick is something to go along with the "Mississippi Madman" nickname. A designer could have fun with that for days.

Sincerely,

- A fan

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Gee I dunno....sponsorship dollars.

[​IMG]

And Mladin's helmet wasn't plain black that year, it was carbon fiber, and if you remember Mladin won the title in 2009 ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I loves me some Monster (to drink) but no damn way I'm buying a bike or gear with their logo all over it without them sliding some sponsorship $$$ my way.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I've always said that those boots Mladin had that year were sooooo ugly! Looked like some sport touring gold wing shit

5. conner98

conner98 Well-Known Member

Something like the Russell Indian,but with a southern hillbilly cartoon twist?
    I'd buy that :D Its not Josh,but you gotta start somewhere.Im sure it would sale if done correctly

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mladin wore rebranded Daytona Evo (I think) boots. They were called the Joe Rocket 990 boot. Much cheaper but basically the same design. They discontinued them, but he kept wearing them for a couple more years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

If you do a Mississippi Madman theme, don't spell it like me. People seem to think your not a dude.

8. conner98

conner98 Well-Known Member

I would use something like the chimp in your avatar, Styles.
    That or some form of chicken.
    Monkeys are always gonna be awesome with most guys.
    A screaming monkey head doing a wheelie like the old school Rat Fink
    stuff.Call me Josh I can design your next helmet:)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've wondered why Arai called it the Jolly Roger or whatever instead of a Hayes replica. Something nefarious afoot like they didn't want to pay Hayes for using his design? They couldn't spell "Hayes?" Why didn't they do the Melissa replica which was cooler and would have sold in the trillions? :D

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep, I see LOTS of Goldwingers wearing those...

:D

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You're a dude?

12. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Right? :crackup:

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Because Melissa gets replica underwear.

[​IMG]

14. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

My sack bouncing off your chin seems to confirm this. :eek:

15. styles

styles The untrained eye

I know who won the title. Minor detail. :D I'm sure the Monster logo could be stuck on there somewhere...

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:crackup::crackup:

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Going to need more evidence.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Go to freegun and buy a pair. Wear them, put them on your head and pretend to be a pirate or wear the thing backwards to be a ball splitter, who cares but you got your proof, pervert.

19. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

In response to something about Mel and those underwear and me hating him on Twitter, Josh said something along the lines of "you should see em on my floor." Now I hate him worser.

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

aaaahahahahaha lmfao, that man is SO my hero