1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, Fine. TSA wins.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Hmm. I actually prefer ATL. It is one of the easiest airports to navigate through IMO, especially now that some of the construction is getting done.

I had Miami. That airport sucks ass. Especially if you are flying from International and have to get to Domestic.

2. Some of you are spoiled if you think ATL is bad. You should have to get around Paris or London. Wait till you have to go outside, leave the airport, take a real bus (not a terminal-terminal shuttle, i mean an actual travel-around-the-city-bus) and ride on it for 45min just to get to a different Terminal. And keep in mind it is a regular bus, that looks like the 50 other buses that service the city. So you have to find out which particular bus goes to Terminal 4 (in addition to going around the city). So you have to ask a ton of people to get a good answer, then find the correct bus station and wait on it for 30min.

Then you get there, and there are like 4 stories and you have no idea which level you are supposed to be on.

Then you find out you arent supposed to be on any of them. You now have to ride a train for 10min because that bus doesnt take you to the place you are supposed to be, it just gets you as close as you can get by bus. But of course, you have to figure this all out on your own because there are no signs telling you such.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was that Paris or London?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had to call Hairgel to ask how to get out of Atlanta. Not driving but how to actually get out of the terminal to the rental car desk.

I avoid Paris airport like it had the superclap. I found Zurich airport and I can get to damn near anyplace I need to go to over there from that place. Zurich, once you get the layout figured out is great. Munich is another good one to use.

5. I went through that when i few into London a few months ago. If you fly in on BA, and have another BA flight, it isnt too bad. But going from a BA flight to something else, is horrible.

I havent been to Paris in a few years, but it was shitass when i did. It also involved a bus and about 3hrs of fucking around to finally get where i needed to be.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you took a city bus in Paris, you changed airports, you dumbass. :D

7. No, in Paris it was just a Terminal shuttle, it wasnt an actual city bus. That was in London.

But even without the city bus, the Paris airport is asstastic.

8. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

The airlines look like greyhound in terms of passengers. Flying is a chore.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah it is. The once a years carrying everything they own as carry ons, too stupid to take off their belts, not having a freakin' clue. Get out of my airport and off ma' plane! :D

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

LOL. I was shithouse drunk and got lost in the Underground in London and had to get rescued by a tall blonde angel in a KLM uniform. I didnt notice how bad the airport was because she just told me to follow her and I blindly wandered through the airport watching her amazingly shapely backside...:eek:

11. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

:stupid::stupid::stupid:

12. Been there, done that. :D

Although with the KLM women, you don't have to look down very far. I think all of them are like 6'5" or some shit.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

TSA precheck cuts through all that BS. I can show up at Orlando and park my car 50 min before take off and make it no problem..

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

How does the TSA precheck not completely undermine the entire purpose of their existence?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I fly out of ATL all the time and never have any issues - even when the lines are long they move people through amazingly fast.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thats pitiful The signs are right there no matter which way you turn at the top of the escalators.

Easier now with the new rental car center too although taking the subway then walking then the monorail could be a pain.

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Kinda like the fast pass for crossing the border to Canada and back (not sure if its there for Mexico). Not stop...just run through the gate.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

In Mexico, you gotta swim:crackup:

19. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

As much as I detest dealing with TSA in Orlando, Nothing, And I mean Nothing in the US is worse than Delta or American at LAX. Burbank, Ontario, or even Orange County are better, even with the trip becoming a two-hop.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, I messed it up royally. It was years ago and I flew Delta which I never do.

They also stole my Amex number either at the restaurant there or at the gas station up the road. :D