1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog people - what is this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol :crackup:

Speaking of cool big dogs someone might remember who it was that brought a Wolf Hound to the paddock probably in the early 2000's. I recall seeing it at Vir one year chillin on a mat with a fan blowing over it. That dog was badass. Think it was a Cycle Jam event but my memory ain't that good.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've thought about doing that, thinking how hilarious it would be if somebody opened up the door to my van only to find 145lbs of pissed off dog on the other side but the idea of them running away and my dog being loose in a parking lot afterwards kept me from following through.

3. Im probably going to get my arm ate off one day, because I cant help but go up and pet any dog I see. It doesn't matter if it is a big Rottweiler in a car or whatever.

I will walk up to it and see how it acts. Then get closer and see what it does. Then stick my hand out for it to sniff.

Sometimes they act mean/defensive and I have to walk away. But I am not scared of any dog by default, regardless of what or where it is.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Came out from breakfast one morning. The windows were half-way down. There was blood on the passenger side window. Nickey was sleeping in the back seat, paws twitching as she chased one of those night bunnies.

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I was driving around with one of my dobermans in a (really low) car one day.
    at a light, some homeless dude decides that it would be nice to reach down and try to pet my dog. That turned out to be a long stay at that light!

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

THIS is a big fucking dog.

[​IMG]

7. Yeah, that was stupid. Not only did he reach into the dogs territory, but he did so while you are right there...which means the dog was in "defense mode".

You have to be smarter than that. You cant just go sticking your hand in to pet any dog. You can go slow, feel the dog out etc. The dog will let you know if he wants to be petted or not.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure snookums Abdul knows that.... :D

9. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

Hines, popping a squat on our couch. He's 21 months old, i'm guessing 150-160 lbs, 32" at the withers. He still has to fill out, his dad was 160, granddad 180. We have his brother too, Ollie is 125.

Attached Files:

10. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

11. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Thats a direwolf

12. This SOB loves him some whatever he is looking at. :crackup:

[​IMG]

It took me a second to see he is actually laying upside down on the floor and those big floppy jaws are drooping. :D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. Love it! Im stealing that. :D

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This our long-hair doxy, Boo.

[​IMG]

Last weekend on the way to Palo Duro Canyon we were passed by a string of recently emptied cattle trucks. Every time one went by Boo would stick his little nose up against the dash vent and snif-and-snif-and-snif.

Anna wondered what he was thinkin' when he was smellin'. I told her I knew EXACTLY what he was thinkin'... "Man would I LOVE to roll around in one of those!"

16. Haha, he looks cool. :D

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And he ain't got any back-up in him!

[​IMG]

19. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Looks a lot like weenie dog Fritz. Doxies, crazy little nazi bastards... Digging, turd rolling, nesting under blankets & towels, goes psycho over anything that squeaks...