1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog people - what is this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The English Mastiff is quite a bit bigger. Neapolitan is pretty much the same dog as mine, the Cane Corso. They're cousins, if you will. Both tend to be around 150lbs or so.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

As I said, biggest I'VE ever seen.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Possible cross, Malamute and a Newfoundland..? :D

BTW, I had a Malamute male that was just a tad under 120 lbs..;)

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Damn dude, you have a Cane Corso? That is one serious animal. :eek:

5. streetrocket22

streetrocket22 Well-Known Member

I've always been a big fan of these guys, "Dogo Argentino" used for hog hunting.

[​IMG]

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

most big dog breeds tend to be much larger than what their "wiki weight" states.
    I have never seen a malamute under 120-130lbs. my sister has two...the male is over 130lbs.

Take dobermans for example. breed standards are changing to include dobes as big as 120lbs. This is Bengal. He is currently 123lbs and 31 inches at the withers (breed standard states 28 inches). Just for reference, that trainer is 5'8"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Serious? Hardly. He's just a big, slobbery goofball. Here he is, ready to party.

[​IMG]

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's because wiki just pulls whatever the AKC rules say. In reality the breeders of big dogs tend to favor the larger animals so they're bred more often, enlarging the breed. Plus, just like American people, our animals tend to be overweight;)

9. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

actually, breed standard changes with the times.
    and with most dogs it is more about proportionality than a weight.

funny you mention that: European great danes, german sheps, and dobermans tend to be quite a bit larger than american versions....russian german sheps are huge, hungarian dobermans are massive, french great danes are big and square.

there is a difference between overweight and proportionality/bodyfat percentage. ;)

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Pretty much.
    I/my family adopted an un-neutered hybrid, for the last year of it's old life (throat cancer/14yrs old), 20 years ago.
    50% great loving dog, 50% unpredictable and dangerous to men/me and other dogs. He killed and ate some dogs where he lived his previous life in the country (he was not fed, and had to get his own grub...bunnies/etc), before we took him in.

Pissed on my bed every single day.
    Near the end of it's life, I was laying on my back, sleeping and woke up because of a huge weight on my chest.
    It was on top of me, laying all it's weight on me, nose to nose w/ me. I went to move/push it off, and it bared teeth an inch from my face (I about pissed myself), so I just closed my eyes, meditated and went back to sleep. That dog was a scary trip.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

14. That Corsa with the party hat is awesome. Look at that big ole thick head. Haha. He looks cool.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Why do you think I have the name Mr Sunshine?

16. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Mackenzie River Husky. I've been around a few that were well tempered. Nice pup but not for hot weather. They're bred as freight dogs, not racers.

[​IMG]

17. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Irish Wolfhounds are big lovable babies

Attached Files:

• irwh.jpg
      irwh.jpg
      File size:
      10.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Pretty sure that first pic is Seth from Twilight.

19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member