1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good news for racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Tortuga, Sep 1, 2013.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yes, well, I said it better. So you know, there!!!

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Two points:
    1. The Senate and The House of Representatives ARE Congress.
    2. WE elect them and keep re-electing them.

That is all.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Beef. It causes disease when you eat too much of it.

At some point in the future, "Where's the Beef?" won't just be an advertising slogan.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can I move this to the dungeon now? :D

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Goforit!

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ask a mod.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's worse than that, there was no ban. The MFGs saw the writing on the wall and all agreed as a group to pull them from the market rather than get a ban from Congress. The fear of Congress overreaching was enough to make them act.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

That and a PILE of Law Suits that they paid tons of money on.

9. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

I wish they would focus their energies on passing a budget and other country wide issues; not these micro issues. But if they must, why not go after the root cause of "It's for the kids" problems by making parents responsible for their own children?

My guess is that this will be used to go after votes in some form or fashion.

10. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

The politicians will do what they do regardless of if it makes sense of meets the "sniff" test.
    I just wonder what happens to motorcycle racing if and when it is no longer legal for Monster to put their logo on, well, everything.
    Will it still make sense to them and the other energy drinks makers to pour millions of dollars into the sport? And if not, who will step up to fill that void?

Regardless of the intelligence (or lack of it) behind this latest attempt to save us from ourselves, it does have the potential to negatively impact motorcycle racing at a time when the sport as a whole is already suffering.

11. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

While it would seem far fetched for something like an energy drink advertising ban to ever take place, things that used to be considered far fetched have already happened.....

IF such a thing really took place someday, who would be left to pick up $$$ for sponsorships? On the surface, all the deep pockets have been shut out. Tobacco, alcohol, energy drinks (hypothetically). Seems like the bigger corporate deals have tapered off too.....

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's silly. Why would anyone use energy drinks when adderol is so easy to get?

I consume energy drinks occasionally, but it's usually to stay awake on long drives. Sugar free rockstar has probably SAVED my life 3 or 4 times on dark stretches of the PA turnpike.

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I personally opt for sugar and caffeine over the unknown long-term effects of a very new drug.

14. Doesn't really count when you are supposed to take Adderall on a daily basis anyway.

15. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

It just makes me cringe hearing about all these kids practically living off the stuff to study/party all night when they aren't even prescribed it.

Ill take my chances with diabetes and hypertension if I feel like a zombie.

16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Considering the amount of kids killed by cars every year, maybe they should ban advertising vehicles? Better yet lets ban advertising altogether on all media. Remember its all for the children.:D

Personally I cant stand the "energy" drinks. They taste like crap to me. Someone wants to drink them like soda, thats THEIR problem. One of the 3rd shifters at works says he downs 2-3 24oz ones A DAY. No wonder he's always wound out. Hell we got a new "cafeteria" style vending company and the beverege cooler is stocked half full of energy drinks and every verison of Mt Dew.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    Not a fan either, I consume very little caffeine:up:

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Hell I havent had a Pepsi in 3 yrs now. Used to drink it like water. Work didnt help because our old soda machine was a quarter a can and when I emptied a 24oz bottle, I just refilled it. Even then I was going through at least 2 24oz 6 packs a week. Only soda I have now is a root beer (most if not all caffeine free anyways) once in a blue moon (at the track for lunch or at a restaurant). Not a coffee drinker other than deer hunting for breakfast.

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic.

20. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Really makes you wonder who are the idiots.