1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.... New Nissan Titan w/CUMMINS DIESEL

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I would definitely consider this.

2. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Gonna put a Jetta ALH motor w/ vnt17/22 in my old Frontier...

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I can just see the "I can pull anything" attitude going through the roof and people dying because they cant stop what the hell they are pulling behind them. Dot is going to have a field day with those idiots. :D

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

The dodge deal for the titans fell through when Chrysler declared bankruptcy.

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I just want a really fast truck! :D

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I just want that drivetrain in a Chevy Avalanche 2500 chassis. Damn I miss that truck!

Although now that I think about it, that ECU is going to be locked up tighter than Fort Knox, Nissan would be replacing transmission left and right if the tuners got a hold of it.

9. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

I work with Cummins, and if you drive around Columbus, IN for awhile, you'll see the prototype trucks all covered in the funny wraps they put on 'em. I'm 90% sure it's a smaller V8, not a 6. And yes, the ECM is getting a new security protocol, from what I understand.. Eventually though, someone will find a way in.

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I just want an actual small truck that gets econocar fuel mileage when not towing but is still capable of towing without straining the transmission like my current econocar. A small truck with a small diesel would be perfect for me. I also realize that I am not the average truck buyer.

11. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat about wanting a smaller truck with a smaller diesel. I know it won't happen, but I keep wishing they would bring the Ford Ranger they sell down in Australia and New Zealand here.

http://www.ford.co.nz/commercials/all-new-ranger/specifications/power-performance

Close to 350 lb/ft torque, 6sp, and gets over 30mpg out of a 3.2L Diesel

12. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder what transmission Nissan plans on using. Weren't the full sized Dodge trucks with the Cummins Diesel engine plagued by transmission issues? Hopefully Nissan doesn't have the same issue.

13. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Its still a Nissan :Poke:

14. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I just traded my Cummins 2500 for a 2013 Ram 1500 gas burner. I did it because the cost of diesel at 15 mpg wasn' t paying me to drive it. The gas burner is getting 17-18 @ 20 cents per gallon cheaper. Now I am interested is seeing the fuel economy numbers on the new 1500 diesel. I can't imagine them being much bettef considering the size and weight of the platform.Emissions are restricting the capability of the diesel too, and I couldn't fix that and keep my warranty intact. I miss the Cummins, but I enjoy being able to afford to drive the Hemi a little more. Maybe I should have waited on the 1500 diesel...

15. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

16. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Knowing that it's a 5 liter definitely makes me more interested in the Ram. Can't imagine that big a motor getting very good fuel economy. Not that it will be bad, but I'd venture a guess the Ram will be better.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

tell that to a gtr owner.

nissan makes damn good vehicles.

dont you work for volvo? :crackup:

18. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Ask those GTR owners how well their transmissions are holding up... :Poke:

My experience with Nissan has been they make great cars but their brake rotors suck, the paint is soft and chips easily, and their transmissions are less than desirable.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

they are holding up just fine, actually. only the first year cars had tranny problems. might want to actually talk to the owners/drive the cars vs reading the internets!:Poke:

my experience with nissan has been the exact opposite, from the 2 350z that have owned/own, and the gtr that my brother owns and lets me thrash at the track.

I have never seen their paint to be any better or worse than the other non premium Japanese brands.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The mitsubishi L200 with the 2.5 diesel is a neat little truck. I got a ride in one with the tiny gasoline (running on sugar cane gas) and it was pretty darn alright. It just needed an engine that could get the truck out of it's own way the 2.5 dino burner is a good start. Still, a much larger diesel would be better.