1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you really want a Grom...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Better check and see if your dealer is actually going to be able to get any. Seems they will be very limited on which dealers get the product. :mad:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's f@ckin' stupid. That little thing looks to me like it'll be a huge hit for Honder.

They trying to limit their success or are they treating that thing like a reward for top dealerships?

3. dtalbott

Don't know.

We ordered four, but are getting zero. :mad:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if they're not going to send you any, should have ordered 20 of them. :D

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

That sucks Darrin. I think that would've been a big seller with the VIR cart track just down the road. It certainly crossed my mind.

6. That's bullshit.

I want one as a pit bike. Mostly because the word "Grom" is funny to me. I just like saying it. Grom. :D

Grom. :crackup:

7. dtalbott

Me, too, Joe.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

cracks me up that some dealers have 8 or more people on a waiting list with deposits.
    its 225lbs... not gonna be as fun as the 250 ruckus! (or 80s elites)
    I bet Kymco and every other knock off brand brings similar units to market to fill that void.

9. dtalbott

Was the 250 Ruckus selling new for $2995?

10. And with cool stuff like upside down forks and a 4 speed transmission?

Id much rather have a Grom than a Ruckus.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Grom just looks like stupid fun. The Ruckus looked like it came precrashed to save you time.

12. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

The intial release is limited to the powerhouse dealerships. That makes sense, the powerhouse dealerships made a bigger commitment to the manufacturer than regular dealerships.

Once that shipment is deployed, and launch issues in the US are sorted, it's pretty safe to say you'll be able to buy it at the local kawasaki/honda/suzuki/yamaha/kymco/jetski multi-brand loyal to nobody dealerships.

Plus, the number of units sent in that first shipment appears to be less than 100.... No way they are only going to send only 100 units to the US over the course of the products lifetime....

13. I wonder if Mongo would have a Grom spec class. Maybe run it with the mini races (since the schedule is already packed as shit), but score the Grom's with themselves.

I just want to be able to say i am the "Grom Champion". :crackup:

That would also be good points towards my Overall Championship. :D

14. TurboBlew

Um the girly ruckus used to sell new for $1700 otd. Also honda says it starts at $2999 plus destination. Supply rumored to bewhat it is...guarantee it will ne north of $4k

15. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Typical Honda.

16. dtalbott

The 50cc Ruckus, maybe. Not the 250cc.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Supposedly, my local Honder dealer is "getting a few the first part of August"

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Wonder if that place in Chattanooga from a few years ago is getting any? :D

19. TurboBlew

I used the 250 as an example of high msrp and street price was much much lower. When the 50cc ruckus came out people laughed at it til they found out you didnt need a special endorsement to ride. Now the msrp and street price are absurd on the 50s. Maybe this will be a model that motivates people to get a m/c endorsement.