1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Words aren't provocation enough for physical action so I agree. However the problem is based on your own posts, you don't....

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The dungeon is beginning to remind me of Alex Lifeson's Rock & Roll HOF speech.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You confusing facts with some movie you saw recently?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's anything like the absolute moronic shit being spewed here I'm glad I never heard it!

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Indulge me for the moment:

1. If you are expecting blacks to have the same 'world view' as whites, you need to put down the crack pipe. There is most definitely going to be a marked difference in the way the concept and practice of 'justice' is viewed. Surely there is no need to spell out why that difference exists.

2. If you think you know what transpired that fateful night between Zimmerman and Martin, then you are either delusional, or possess powers from another galaxy. Only two people know what took place, and one of them is dead.

3. If you're still of a mind to think you're going to invoke the 'Stand Your Ground' law and avoid prosecution, you're not learning the lesson from this tragedy. From here on in, expect ungodly scrutiny from the authorities if you shoot someone, even if it is truly in self-defense. Be prepared to go to the Big House.

4. In sum, the people on the jury get to decide if you acted in self-defense or not...or if you murdered someone. They get to decipher and judge your actions, regardless of the black letter (or intent) of the law.

5. Last, Zimmerman is getting his sidearm returned to him. What should he do with it?

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Trade it in for a higher quality gun.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Wonder what Z could get for that on a gunbroker auction?

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

10. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I watched as much of the trial as time allowed, but for those that saw most of it Im just curious:

Was there anything mentioned about the fact that he only fired a single shot? I feel that is a strong statement regarding vicious/homicidal intent.

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It consisted entirely of the guitarist repeating the phrase "blah blah blah."

For over two minutes.

12. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Very little if any at all from what I remember. It didn't help the prosecution and there wasn't much of a spin they could put on it like everything else that was factual in the case.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

From what I remember the weapon failed to cycle. Having put over a thousand rounds through one (PF9)... it would fail to fire in every 50 rounds as delivered from Keltec. Well with range ammo anyways. With defense ammo... Ive never had a failure. Ive heard some gunsmithing would fix that issue... but spending $$$ on a $300 gun seemed stupid so i just bought a better piece.
    It conceals like no other. No holster needed with the optional clip.

14. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Actually, the prosecutors tried to make the case that because Z had a round chambered, he had his weapon in an unsafe condition... Ready for murder!

As far as the one shot, it was speculated it failed to cycle because Martin had his hand on the slide when the first and only shot was fired.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. JeffroJ

Oh yes, I remember that bs, but he was asking about the fact that only one round was fired.

16. JeffroJ

Which justifies my need to get the s&w 442. :D

17. povol

povol Well-Known Member

What exactly is racist about quoting Chicago black on black murder stats. Is that somehow profiling. :rolleyes:

18. flamed03r1

flamed03r1 Well-Known Member

Correct, they were advised that the law DID NOT APPLY to this case.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don't think I ever heard it was a PF9. Are you sure? Cuz if so, the piece in my pocket just became a collector's item. :D

20. PantyBuncher

PantyBuncher Well-Known Member

Could one of you that knows him IRL please provide a profile of steelcity? TIA