1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Sounds like someone who just believes people should mind their own business, and not confront kids who are doing nothing wrong.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This is dumb, even for you. :tut:

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

So I can have a teenager attack me and I just have to let him do his work and possibly kill me?

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well you can't shoot them for standing there saying "nanny nanny poo poo." but if they try and bust up your nose and start banging your head against the concrete fire at will...:D

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am sure somewhere in the 4100 posts it has been covered that:

Zimmerman was NOT Patrolling the neighborhood, but was on a personal errand and saw TM...

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

There you go dreaming again. Must have been a nice movie in you mind.:crackup:

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Did you ever think of maybe telling them to mind their own business or in your mind is a beat down in order?

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

But Joe, TM was a "Child Scared for His Life"...

Beating a FatMans ass who is holding a gun is only on TV....A "Pulled Gun, is 2lbs of Trigger Pull from being a Fired Gun", unless your Superman.

Thought just came to Mind...I wonder if GZ happened to hear Jonny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" one to many times....

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think fist fights are an undervalued form of conflict resolution. I don't think society should be afraid of them. They are a very real consequence of exceeding your boundaries. I've been on both sides of that. Frankly I prefer them when talking it out isn't enough and a duel is too much. I really hate that fist fights have been demonized.

10. No, I certainly believe that if you didn't provoke the attack, and you're life is truly in danger, you would be justified in shooting your attacker.

11. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

This entire scenario, from the actual incident to the aftermath of the decision, is simply fucking pathetic. The entire country would be better off shipping Zimmerman and every last protestor/facebook-poster/opinion-writer to Antarctica for a permanent vacation.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

The proliferation of gun ownership along with a rise in pussy ass men have made the fistfight almost extinct.

13. Joe Morris

I just listened to that whole album again recently. Classic!

I can see where both were coming from but I identify more with TM. But the system worked here and I don't see a reason to cry over the outcome.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So what is the appropriate level of physical damage a person is permitted to unleash on the man who annoyed him? Did your saintly Trayvon exceed *your* arbitrary level?

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So again, where is this proof that Zimmerman provoked the attack?

16. I know it's a stretch, but do you remember being 17? Most 17 year old males have a lot of testosterone flowing through them. I'm not saying that "a beat down is in order," but I expect a 29 year old gun toting neighborhood watchman to have a higher standard of responsibility than a 17 year old boy.

17. Joe Morris

Ain't that the truth! As I understand it kids are expelled from school for fighting now. Expelled! When I was a kid I think they would've made us hug for 5 minutes and sent us back to class. :crackup:

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

6 people selected by both the state and the defense saw more evidence, not blogs or opinions, than you have. They disagreed. The FBI investigated and could not find evidence of racism. A special prosecutor had to be called to even have charges filed based on available evidence. They tried to make this a trial by media and public opinion and failed. With the DOJ's sterling reputation, I would see any charges they choose to file as deflecting attention from their own misbehavior.

19. On audio tape. He didn't live up to his burden as a responsible gun owner, and he didn't follow the proper procedures of a neighborhood watchman. He went out as an armed vigilantly, and now a young man is dead.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did GZ know TM was a 17 year old kid?