What's the deal with the cheap wheels on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by V5 Racer, Jun 26, 2013.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Stuff like this for the XR50, set of anodized wheels for under 100 shipped. Anyone know if these are decent or junk?

Ebay wheels

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Chinese imports. Quality varies wildly. Castings can be excessively porus and crack prone, rims can be anodized butter, etc. On the flip side, you can get stuff that exceeds the OEM spec they're cloning, it's a total guess typically.

For your specific example, Wholesale-Cycle is pretty trustworthy as an importer so I'd be ok recommending buying product from them.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We ran chinese wheels when Caleb was racing a CRF50. One set with dirt tires, and one for asphalt. Eventually, I put a chinese Ebay motor in the bike. No trouble with any of it, except that the 90cc motor brought out the stupid in me. I managed to flattrack myself under the truck bumper within about 5 minutes of the motor swap.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Proper job.

:clap:

Two sets of wheels is what I am thinking, Conrad has the stock set with asphalt tires mounted which makes offroading less fun than it should be.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

It'll teach him throttle control lol

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

The smaller the bike the bigger the stupid they bring out of us :D

7. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I used the 12" wheel on my xr70 , it held up to thousands of wheelies with no trouble.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I've actually been seeing that, he was out in the wet yard the other day playing around. Want to be able to mount knobbies easy so we can all go play somewhere like Durhamtown.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Any 17s from that group for the 100s