1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Paula Deen!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jun 20, 2013.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

What bothers me about this whole deal is that it is unacceptable for her to refer to someone whe robbed her at gunpoint as a nigger, yet you see a little efftard trampling on the American flag singing Some cracker remark and that is perfectly fine...

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who is saying it is perfectly fine? :confused:

3. turner38

I'm guessing the millions of as shitheads that will purchase the CD...

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think people are going to stop eating Paula Deen's food?

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He'll naw! I be gettin some a dem skillets to-NIGHT! Wit my pants on the ground!

6. turner38

No probably the other way around, I didn't even know who she was until she started taking shit for this. If it is available people will buy it to show support for her.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You've gone full circle and now I'm confused. What's the difference with the idiot and the flag? :confused:

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

To add a serious observation, people speaking in anger often use language that is as disparaging or hurtful as possible.

I have a question though.
    If one white guy (we'll use steeltoe as an example) says to another white guy (let's use you) "you my nigger", is that offensive?
    And what, exactly, does it mean?

9. turner38

One is purposely promoting racism to make money, the other is getting all kinds of grief for using a word that is not considered PC. Huge difference.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, but that's typically done in the presence of the person who caused the anger. You're not going to hurt someone who doesn't know you called him a nigger. So I wouldn't buy that excuse from her.

11. turner38

Who's to say the person that robbed her wasn't a nigger?
    Who's to say the nigger that robbed her wasn't a white guy?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was asking what the difference was in the way they are being treated, not in what they did.

You said that one was "perfectly fine" and the other wasn't. And your justification was that the one that's "perfectly fine" is going to sell millions (which, by the way, you don't know yet). Then you said that the other will probably see an increase in sales or, at the very least, not lose her customers. So again, what's the difference?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope that makes sense inside your head.

14. In Your Corner

Didn't you ever have a jerk boss who got you pissed-off and, rather than lose your job, you left work and trash talked him to someone else?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know I have, but the talk revolved around my perception of their limited mental capacity, not on gender or race. Well that's not entirely true. I probably did use the gender specific "B" word at one time or another.

16. In Your Corner

Well, you could factor-in that some people use nigger as the equivalent of white trash, not a word that describes every black person.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Having been born, raised and lived in the southeast my entire life, the only people I know that use that logic are trying to justify using it as derogatory towards blacks by claiming it is a multicultural slur.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't even leave work to do that. :D But it never got racial. Or gender-specific, for that matter. So no, still not a valid excuse in my book.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hmmm...

Do go on....

:D

20. In Your Corner

That didn't work out well for me not that long ago.
    People looking for brownie points aren't averse to reporting back to the boss.